Extra security system needed ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danielbazz

Club Guest
Hey all, just bought a 523i m-sport recently and wonder do i need to install any extra security system for my car? Wat original functions does our car's security system have? Living in jb now, ain't so safe here.... :dong::dong::dong:

First, you can get a steering lock for a cheap solution.

Second, you can considered a GPS tracking system if you have the budget.

Third, sell the car and all your worry would be over.

The last part - joking lar.

Don't waste your money on installation, buy higher insurance coverage.
Nowadays, they don't steal, they carjack!!!
How many BMWs got stolen the conventional way?

yup... agree with bro ay39 :top:
It's not easy (well, almost impossible) to steal a BMW these days due to the high technology used. It's easier to carjack so a reputable GPS tracking system would be OK! Just be careful and don't drive ur car out at night or to secluded places OK??

Either carjacked or towed away on a flatbed. If they want to steal your car, they will steal it whatever you do.

haywire;632801 said:
Either carjacked or towed away on a flatbed. If they want to steal your car, they will steal it whatever you do.

morale of the story... don't buy expensive car :21:

Bro.... That is so depressing man. I'm kind of a night stalker type of person and i cant drive my love car out at night. Instead buying a new security system i think is best for me to get a MYVI then. haha Thanks everyone, will get a gps tracking device.

danielbazz;632894 said:
Bro.... That is so depressing man. I'm kind of a night stalker type of person and i cant drive my love car out at night. Instead buying a new security system i think is best for me to get a MYVI then. haha Thanks everyone, will get a gps tracking device.

Get the 2nd car...80's bmw la... :)
So you can bring it any where

i think generally they would rather target / hijack Toyota / Honda especially Camry / Harrier which are easier to steal / and to sell / bring to Thailand or Middle East.

some say GPS tracking also very easy for them to deactivate it by shocking the whole electrical system or block the GPS coverage by putting some electronic device

bukanmain;632952 said:
some say GPS tracking also very easy for them to deactivate it by shocking the whole electrical system or block the GPS coverage by putting some electronic device

where you hear this?

if can shock the electrical system, then ecu also fried. ecu fried how to drive car?

danielbazz;632894 said:

U are so right. Use the Myvi at night, use the BMW only at TT or official drive. Then the thief definitely would have problem deciding which model to rob.

Or tint Security tint :D

Interested pm me i own a few shops in Klang Valley cheers!

ay39;632985 said:
U are so right. Use the Myvi at night, use the BMW only at TT or official drive. Then the thief definitely would have problem deciding which model to rob.

Bmw used at days.. So can show off... At night use myvi
Hehehe

Or if you want to show off also at nite and be safe about the car, get a 12 year old E39.

Top Bottom