Exhaust sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
polaris78;742432 said:
Is it related to ecu issue if exhaust flap keep open all the time? My technician told me is my ecu problem issue and ecu needed to be replace....

May i know which workshop said that to you bro? Just check whether the vacuum hose is connected to the exhaust valve or not ... If it is then the valve may be broken .. It's nothing to worry about. I've had mine open for years already :4:

B33mEr;735554 said:
It's not much, at low rpm it sound abit more bassy and throatier ... of course can't compare to the aftermarket exhaust like remus, eisennman and etc ...

Bro, I tried going under my car.. and I couldn't find the cable to remove and put in the bolt

B33mEr;742442 said:
May i know which workshop said that to you bro? Just check whether the vacuum hose is connected to the exhaust valve or not ... If it is then the valve may be broken .. It's nothing to worry about. I've had mine open for years already :4:

Yesterday sent to another workshop(1st time visit) to check exhaust flap, mechanic told me was valve switch problem, need to replace the switch but no stock .... :stupid:
Seldom heard BM parts running out of stock.....

polaris78;742946 said:
Yesterday sent to another workshop(1st time visit) to check exhaust flap, mechanic told me was valve switch problem, need to replace the switch but no stock .... :stupid:
Seldom heard BM parts running out of stock.....

Which workshop you went bro? Parts and service you can try Bomin Auto. They have the most competitive price in KV.

wingzee;743251 said:
Which workshop you went bro? Parts and service you can try Bomin Auto. They have the most competitive price in KV.

I tried Optimum. ..... Dont feel like they know how to solve

just did my own golf tee mod DIY this afternoon..dont have golf-tee so just stick in a screw instead..the exhaust sounds much better at high rpms now..will try to take a video during cold start to see any difference..thanks to bro Beemer for sharing this mod :top:

Here's a simpler way of carrying out this mod, without the need of getting your hands dirty, rolling under you car etc. trying to plug, crimp, or disconnecting the vacuum line under the car...just unplug the actuator in the trunk in front of the drivers side tail light..it's simple, easily reversible, and doesn't involve crawling underneath the car :)

Step 1:

IMG_0656.jpg

Step 2:

IMG_0651.jpg

Step 3:

IMG_0653.jpg

After experiencing the simple mod on a long drive(KL-Penang-KL)over 3days,I've connected the switch back to it's original place.I don't feel that the sound difference was errrr 'different' enough to warrant it permanent status.Yes,it was a tad louder(with an accompanying ever so slight drone) during cruise especially around 110-130kph and when accelerating from medium speeds,but it wasn't any different,to me at least.Just louder,not nicer loud.
Anyways,everyone has their own take on this.This is just me sharing mine.. so I'm back to square one again.

Top Bottom