Exhaust sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

satellite

Club Guest
Hi all, I'm driving an E46 325 SMG, I'm looking to replace my stock exhaust with something that..1) Don't wake up my neighbors under 3,000 RPM2) Gives me the oomph when I accelerate above 3-3.5k RPM and aboveWhat do you guys recommend?

satellite;735552 said:
That sounds so cool.. I'm so good golf tee-ed my exhaust.. but seriously.. how does it sounds?

It's not much, at low rpm it sound abit more bassy and throatier ... of course can't compare to the aftermarket exhaust like remus, eisennman and etc ...

B33mEr;735554 said:
It's not much, at low rpm it sound abit more bassy and throatier ... of course can't compare to the aftermarket exhaust like remus, eisennman and etc ...

B33mEr ... golft tee = RM0.50? Remus = RM3500. So cannot say much la. Hehehehe ...

tIANcI;735555 said:
B33mEr ... golft tee = RM0.50? Remus = RM3500. So cannot say much la. Hehehehe ...

Hehehe :D ... talking about exhaust from what i've read HKS exhaust seems to be making more power compared to euro brands when it comes to BMW :4:

I've got a friend that change his 325 SMG backbox at a famous exhaust shop in Sunway for 2k ... It alters the driving experience so much that he change it back to his stock exhaust less than a week ... So choose carefully when it comes to exhaust :top:

Guess just use the golf tee la, if unhappy then use screwdriver tabuk lubang ok!

Hi B33mer,
I couldnt locate the valve as mention, mine is local 325i e46. Could u explain abit. Thks

andylhyap;735936 said:
any recommendation for E90 320d exhaust?

There are plenty and it depends on your budget :) RM1000 or lesser from Kedai ekzos Ah Beng or Muthu to RM5-6K Eisenmann exhausts, etc.

was thinking of a remus exhaust! anyone can provide the details of Kedai Ekzox Ah Beng and also Muthu?

andylhyap;740622 said:
was thinking of a remus exhaust! anyone can provide the details of Kedai Ekzox Ah Beng and also Muthu?

Remus is very quiet, not much difference from stock. Kedai Ekzos Ah Beng and Muthu you can try Supersprint, Everco, JFA in Sunway. They are all custom made and able to design an exhaust system for you with their feel/experience :)

the valve only available in certain model only, not all model come with that vacum valve.

bkslee;738449 said:
Hi B33mer,
I couldnt locate the valve as mention, mine is local 325i e46. Could u explain abit. Thks

It looks like this :-

IMG-20120504-00270.jpg

There will be a hose attaching to the valve. Once you disconnect the hose from the exhaust valve it will rmeain open at all times. As mentioned by bro oolork it could be that not all models have it. Do let us know if yours comes equipped or not.

B33mEr;741284 said:
It looks like this :-

There will be a hose attaching to the valve. Once you disconnect the hose from the exhaust valve it will rmeain open at all times. As mentioned by bro oolork it could be that not all models have it. Do let us know if yours comes equipped or not.

bro, i heard if we make the valve always open, there will be some power loss at the low end rpm..some say is quite significant..is it true ka?

SilverBullet;741400 said:
bro, i heard if we make the valve always open, there will be some power loss at the low end rpm..some say is quite significant..is it true ka?

Hmm .. there might be a difference but only at low rpm say around 1-2.5k rpm. And no it is not significant :4: It's just an exhaust flap at the end of the exhaust system hehe.
For a twin turbo beast like yours the difference is minimal if any.

free exhaust mod the best part is it only takes 5 minutes and it's reversible :4:

Edit: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213042

hahaha bahaya punya racun niiii...but like u said, it's simple and cheap...will give it a go, if dont like it can always revert back to original..thanks bro Beemer :top:

this one souds so good and deep-throaty

[video=youtube_share;48UWY5WKGX0]http://youtu.be/48UWY5WKGX0[/video]

Is it related to ecu issue if exhaust flap keep open all the time? My technician told me is my ecu problem issue and ecu needed to be replace....

Top Bottom