Exhaust Flap Valve problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

polaris78

Club Guest
hi sifus, i need some advices. My exhaust flap valve is not working, its open straight all the time, by right it should be close once i start, rpm 3k only open, right? Is it related to ECU? Headache. ... :2:

how's the sound like when it's open all the time? throatier/deeper growl? actually thinking of doing the "golf tee" mod to keep my exhaust flap open all the time :4:

Noisy exhaust that it can be heard inside the vehicle with the windows closed which I m fine with the sound :rock:
But I think it's still leak of power. Why u want to do goft tee mod? More throatier?

polaris78;739697 said:
hi sifus, i need some advices. My exhaust flap valve is not working, its open straight all the time, by right it should be close once i start, rpm 3k only open, right? Is it related to ECU? Headache. ... :2:

This used to happen to me once. try slot your gear in sport-mode and drive/throttle as maximum as possible for each gear. it solve my problem. maybe before you try it, try spray wd-40 between all the lingkage to the flap-valve

fire;741783 said:
This used to happen to me once. try slot your gear in sport-mode and drive/throttle as maximum as possible for each gear. it solve my problem. maybe before you try it, try spray wd-40 between all the lingkage to the flap-valve

Bro, now is your flap-valve working? Just wondering what is the reason caused this problem.

polaris78;741789 said:
Bro, now is your flap-valve working? Just wondering what is the reason caused this problem.

Yup. It's working now..fine & dandy...the cause of this problem, well, mine could be isolated problem...my car hardly drive, so there is one time middle of the night when i am out just for a drive to warm the car, suddenly there is one car approach behind damn close, based on very dim projector lamp, I thought it is an Civic Eg 8, then when I exist the junction I pedal to the metal and the Eg follow closely. by 3rd gear, I manage to leave some gap, each gear I pedal close to redline starting from 2d gear..then when reach S bend, the EG back off, when reaching at traffic light, the EG slowly creep from behind then next to me,it is not an EG, it is Ferrari Scaglietti 612.:13::77::42:..the 612 can eat me before breakfast if it want to, but I suspect that 612 might just want to have fun or might experiance some gearbox issues..

Ever since then my flap-valve just remain open for about 2 month, before i took it for a long drive in the weekend. during the long drive, I did what I did in the earlier reply and it back to normal again.

trust me, it is seriously underpower if the flap open all the time...

Hehe... I thought Ferrari will not interested to layan BM, surprising. Does he look friendly when next to u? :cool:
Anyway, thanks a lot for yr suggestion, will try it....

Top Bottom