Engine vibration F10 523i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Abang Azahari

Club Guest
Hi friends,Bought a preowned F10 5 series and has just clocked 8000 over km.Excessive vibration in the engine during morning start. Vibrates at least around 30secs. Shakes the whole car. Left the car at BMW service centre at Glenmarie yesterday and was told around lunch hour that can't do anything as the Centre is fully booked. Was told that the car is llseen as low priority! The car is left in the sun! Told the guys that will take the car out, which I did, and told the service guy that will continue to drive it till it breaks down on the highway and probaby the car will be ranked as high priority to work on. Two issues to share and seek views:1. Poor customer service on how to treat and response to customer2. Anyone with similar issues on the engine vibration during morning startAppreciate any views.

523i is supposed to be silky smooth - IL6B25 engine, should NOT have vibration like that. Maybe the electronic timing is off? Does the rpm needle fluctuate wildly? What's your idling rpm?

I had some issues with sputtering and poor idling. Was the vanos sensor played up. Replaced and now silky smooth again. No one messes with the Zohan!

Cool start rpm 1500 (vibrates around 30 secs) and rpm down to 1000rpm and after1 min down to 500rpm. I suppose that is the idling rpm ?? Cant recall the needle fluctuates.

My N52B30N in my F02 also has valvetronic - if yours has that too, might be another source of potential trouble in engine vibration?

523i should not have such problem. It should not idle down to 500rpm.

I think someone should move this topic into the F10 thread.

Thanks

I own a 2011 preregistered 523i and my car has the same problem with engine vibration especially in the mornings. The vibration can go on for 20 to 30 seconds or so and can be quite strong at times. But once the car is warmed up and driven for a while, there is no vibration. I can't understand why it happens as I've a driven the E90 previously for 6 years and never experience such strong engine vibration.

I just ran a cold start test on my 523i N52 cbu unit. Mine also had some slight vibration. It was a very minimal vibration at 1000 rpm and the vibration then gone when rpm went to 500rpm.. restart my car again and at 1000rpm the vibration is still there, but not so noticeable. My car has done about 7000km.

I thought that was normal because the engine needs to warm up a lil bit.

Is this engine vibration in morning start normal? Coz mine also have the same problem. After my 1st service of 10,000km only the vibrantion gone. Not really gone.. still can feel it but maybe 5 seconds. And after this 10K km sometimes i feel like there is 1 sound on my first start like something knock the engine. It only happen sometime and only on cool start. Anybody can help?

Top Bottom