Engine Upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ayek

Club Guest
Greetings all,Seeking some information with regards to engine upgrade/transplant. Apparently, my (would be ) new E30 cab has been transplanted with 325i engine. It was originally 316 (with engine rated as 1800cc). The problem now, it has not receive the approval/endorsement from JPJ/Puspakom. My question is, is it possible for 318 engine to be upgraded to 325. I was told that JPJ would allow only 20% increase (please, could someone verify this). If that's the case, the most upgrade that the car could go legally is 320i.Assuming 20% ruling is true, I guess I'm left with these options:1) Don't decalare the upgrade and run with the 325i engine until it kaput.2) Don't declare the upgrade and punch the 325i engine number to match the registration (is this legal?).3) Install 318i engine and seek approval from JPJ/Puspakon4) Install 320i engine and seek approval from JPJ/PuspakomWould appreciate any comment on all the options above as I need to make a decision soon. Other relevant tips are also welcomed.Cheers :wink:

ur answer
1) Dun declare make sure u drive safely, dun modify ur car until too obvious so JPJ wont block u. Make sure no accident bcos engine number not tally u cant claim insurance.
2) Don declare and change engine number can some JPJ might dunno the engine number. When accident come u have to bribe the adjuster.
3) Maybe u runner not good enough can only upgrade 20% My used to do 1.3 to 2.0 3months back but cost a bomb 1.8k he paid...

Originally posted by ZeNeGeR@Jul 5 2006, 03:14 PM
ur answer
1) Dun declare make sure u drive safely, dun modify ur car until too obvious so JPJ wont block u. Make sure no accident bcos engine number not tally u cant claim insurance.
2) Don declare and change engine number can some JPJ might dunno the engine number. When accident come u have to bribe the adjuster.
3) Maybe u runner not good enough can only upgrade 20% My used to do 1.3 to 2.0 3months back but cost a bomb 1.8k he paid...
Thanks ZeNeGer,

Mind pm me your runner's h/p.

Rgs

1) Don't decalare the upgrade and run with the 325i engine until it kaput. (Have to be extra carefull on the road)
2) Don't declare the upgrade and punch the 325i engine number to match the registration (is this legal?). (Not legal but can be done)
3) Install 318i engine and seek approval from JPJ/Puspakon (I dont think so!!!)
4) Install 320i engine and seek approval from JPJ/Puspakom ( It is a waste coz you have a 325 engine with you)

Unless there is no 320 engine can be found in KL,then you can upgrade to 323 or 325.

Cheers

Originally posted by E46 2.2@Jul 5 2006, 05:57 PM
1) Don't decalare the upgrade and run with the 325i engine until it kaput. (Have to be extra carefull on the road)
2) Don't declare the upgrade and punch the 325i engine number to match the registration (is this legal?). (Not legal but can be done)
3) Install 318i engine and seek approval from JPJ/Puspakon (I dont think so!!!)
4) Install 320i engine and seek approval from JPJ/Puspakom ( It is a waste coz you have a 325 engine with you)

Unless there is no 320 engine can be found in KL,then you can upgrade to 323 or 325.

Cheers
Exactly inline with my thought. Anyway, could someone verify if the 20% rule is true or not? Or is it just a grey area... :nyehehe:

Rgs

Infact the initial ruling that i remembered though was 30 %. But then it still does not make difference as u have exceeded the dotted area.

need any help with the documentations let me know. The last time I did my previous car it still can be done but it costs a bit of money. That was last year. Not sure if there are any changes the past few months or not.

Btw no point punching the 325 engine no. as the difference in engine type is too obvious, 325 if not mistaken is 6 cylinder while the 316 is 4 cylinder.

If the engine u change >20% .........u need to apply it 1st at Putrajaya...once its approved .....send ur car to Puspakom for inspection n endorsement ........of cause need to top up the road taxlah......

I just done my ex e34 from 2.0 to 2.5.........PM me if u need any assistant

Thanks all for the advise and help offer. Will do the necessary to sort-out the problem.

Cheers

Lionel_Koh said:
If the engine u change >20% .........u need to apply it 1st at Putrajaya...once its approved .....send ur car to Puspakom for inspection n endorsement ........of cause need to top up the road taxlah......

I just done my ex e34 from 2.0 to 2.5.........PM me if u need any assistant

hehe...........
i know what he doing...........
cabut............:p

i'm already buy rb20 halfcut now on progress to put in 318...what form i need if i go to putrajaya to get the 'kawal' selia letter?and also my car almost 4 years didnt renew the roadtax.i will get fine?

congrats in your purchase, did u get the manual or auto rb20? how much did it cost? Do post some updates on your upgrade. This is also one of my options for upgrade (though the car will not be considered 100% bmw anymore)

Top Bottom