Engine sounds

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anasramadhan

Club Guest
Hi guys,Need your advise especially from the sifus. Just bought the car E46 2.0 few months ago. Lately I noticed the engine sounds like a diesel engine. I tried to ask the mechanic about the problem and they told that I could be the fuel injector problem (dirty or rust) inside. The sounds like a lousy teppets and kinda irritatte people. Any place that you guys suggest to go and check?:confused: Hope you guys could share some experience.Regards

Hi...

Dun haf E46.. but E36 318 got lar.... my tappets also tack tack tack tack..... becoz car never run for almost a year. All the hydraulic lifters and tappets getting sticky.

Did you try changing oil religiously, it may help. I am doing the same now.... if after a few oil changes that irritating sound doesn't go away, then have to open and look see loh...

For fuel injector, use some(a tankful or 2) of the blue petrol stuff from Shell. I found that it does help clean the injectors out... ;)

my 2sens...

If u are hearing tick tick tick..that's the valvetronic working...its the sound of the engine. I suggest you get another valvetronic for comparison. If you can't live with it..get a 6-cylinder..

Ade...

I got compare la... exactly the same model.....same year.... .same color even..... the sound in the other car not there........ heehee...

mmm... 6 pot... nice nice... but have to wait wait lerr.......kena racun already get BMW....somemore racun.. sure die wan ......kekekekek

Sesat.....E36 318 different la....need other sifoo comment....I was referring to Valvetronics..

tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic.....sound...aaaaarghhhhhhh....irritating...heheheheheh!!!!! ;)

bro....from what i know... the sound is normal... the e46 318 2.0 does sound a little bit rough...

oh bro and sifus.... about engine sound, i have a question.

my e46 328i seem to be very respondsive when i started the engine. But after a speed session or a traffic jams, it seem to be rough and the engine are noisy like when you press the pedal it feel like the car more heavy than the earlier on. Is that normal too ?

Top Bottom