Engine overhaul and various fixes

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wjie20

Club Guest
Hi guys, I have a 1981 525 (E12). I was told that the car needs various fixes and the following are the list.1) The head gasket needs to replaced - engine needs overhauling. 2) Brake Master - Pump (I have no idea if that is the master cylinder or what)3) Exhaust Fan...4) I need to keep filling water in the radiator before I go for a drive, what can I do to solve this? (The car does overheat)Could you guys recommend me to a place around Damansara area to get the engine overhauled and is there a service where they do a full car inspection so I know what parts needs to be changed?I know the parts needs to be ordered, I can try find them.Thanks, I am sorry if this is posted in wrong section.

bro from your description your car is in need of serious help! The loss of water is a big concern. try opening the engine oil cap and check if there is any brown/white residue on it. if there is, then chances are you may need to do a top overhaul. I assume the e12 uses a cast iron engine block, so the chances of the block warping/cracking is very low.

btw if you don't mind going to puchong, i can recommend you a good mechanic. the shop is located at Bandar Puteri.

Thanks bro for your reply. I shall post a picture of the cap when I can. I have not tried driving so far, I'm afraid that the car over heats before I reach Puchong.

For now I will try M-sport recommended by a fellow member. But I haven't gotten time to contact them yet.
But I don't mind any more recommendations thanks :)

Top Bottom