Engine oil viscosity

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i dare to try

if motorsportdivision bear the damage or leaking if there is any issue :D

Originally posted by valkryie@Jun 3 2006, 08:06 PM

Your manual is different from mine. I don't have the temperature range for oil grades. Is your car imported from overseas?
yeah! Japanese recon

Originally posted by Marco@Jun 5 2006, 05:43 AM
anyone try using motul oil?i know it is the best oil in the market now...just ask our previous moderator who just switch using motul....for those people who wanted performance gain..this is the oil to go for...i think graffika just tried this oil too...it is call 8100 5w40...n motul has BMW approved LL-01 n LL-04 too.
how much is the Motul engine oil going for?

I was in motor sport division yesterday evening. Not sure about the Motul 8100 5W-40 but the Motul LL01 5W-30 selling for RM 190 for a 5 liter bottle. If not mistaken there is a promotion now where they will throw in a motul engine cleaner when you buy the oil.

Will try out Motul for my next oil change.

First time using Q8 F1 10W-50 for my E46 two month ago, after using for 5000km i change to Redline 10W-40. I cannot comment much on the difference between these two, but one thing for sure that I can feel, Redline is super quiet, when u idle and stop in traffic u feel like the engine is off (i need to look at the rpm to assure the engine is still running) hahahahahaa :D

just use what manual suggest cannot leh?..i just wondering... :D

Burger time!

:yahoo:

mouse,

yea man..5000km u change ah...i change like once a year mah :D i mean when send for service la :D

burger time!

Originally posted by leakwoon@Jun 14 2006, 10:13 AM
waaaa

bro tikus..kaya

every 5000km change n buang the full synt. oil??? :D :) :yahoo:
I was not recommended to flush the engine, hence i use the first bottle of fully synthetic as a flush to be safe, but from now all my oil will change every 10,000. (gila meh every 5000 change fully synthetic, u think money shake from tree r :D ) but i was supprise coz my Q8 oil is still gold colour after 5000KM and it totally did not makan minyak hitam) that means my engine is clean and in good condition lar (am i right?)

mouse,

hmmm interesting..thats sounds about right...but u did change after a 10000km interval right?..if thats the case then very likely the colour to be better compared to those who change at a higher interval..as far as i know lor :D

BUrger time!

i have been using redline 10w-40 for awhile, just change to 5w-40, i notice the oil warm up faster. coz usually in the morning on the first startup for 10W, it takes about 1 minute of slow drive (usually i drive below 2000rpm) for the car to move up to 2nd gear. but with 5W, it only takes about 30-40 sec. however, i notice the engine is noisier.

Mouse;194361 said:
any explanation y 5w-40 makes the engine noisier than 10w-40?

are they from the same brand and range or different brand?? Oil with same ratings but from different brand can have different REAL viscosity.

fabianyee;194533 said:
are they from the same brand and range or different brand?? Oil with same ratings but from different brand can have different REAL viscosity.
its different brand, i have try Q8 F1 10w-50, redline 10w-40 and castrol edge 5w-40, my personal conclusion, i will stick to Q8 F1, bro fabian, u still have lubang to get Q8 F1 @ RM 170? coz u mention u know the distributor, group buy group buyyyyyyy.......

Top Bottom