Engine OIL lesser

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Praba1620

Hi Sifus,

I am experincing engine oil getting lesser recently. I have change my CCV valve and all the hose that on the top heads and all gaskets. My power extremely good and I dont have white smoke only in the morning and its for a while. I am using 10/60 Revanol oil. Lately, I checked it consumes 30% for 1312 (1.3Km). I am considering its high.

I am looking 2 option:
1. To change the engine. One availabe now its from 525 M54 engine from E60.
2. To overhaul the engine.

Please do advise and wanted to proceed before I lost the first option.

Thanks.

Regards,
Praba

Since you are getting good power, I really don't see the logic of replacing the engine other than it consumes lube oil for every 1.300 km which is slightly on a higher side. Getting another engine (m54 from e60) maybe an unwise choice as you may end up with an unhealthy engine later on. A complete overhauled of your existing engine would be a better choice and you may also want to put in a 3 litre stroker kit for your 525i.

Its confirm that piston ring could have been a problem...will do overhaul then...

Loose/worn out piston rings would have symptom of white smoke from exhaust as lubricant oil leaking into cylinders would be burnt together with fuel/air during firing stroke. I suspect your engine's piston rings maybe on the border line of tolerance hence the lube consumption after 1,300 km.

Praba,
Hope you can share your experience after the overhaul like the performance after overhaul, cost, name of shop.
I am thinking of doing the same. Don't know whether it is the valve stem seals or the piston rings causing the excessive oil consumption.

Oil is cheap.. y bother to change engine or overhaul? Mine was burning 1 liter every 1000 km for many yrs.. change the ccv, improve a little but still high until I decided to delete the ccv and replace with an oil catchment tank.. didn't burn a bit after 2000 km, I m running on fully synthetic 5 W 40.

macgy, what did you do with the oil collected ? Did you pour it back into the engine ? Thanks.

Ya..how does it work..please do share but anyway I hv change the engine now another problem i am facing...

Top Bottom