Engine N42 Leaking from the side

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nicksonlow

Club Guest
Dear E46 Professionals, I have overhauled my engine a month ago due to oil burning (previous ower really did 25000 km before servicing). I realised that some engine oil is coming out from the side even after overhaul. I am very sure that the mechanic changes all the seals. But still.... Please check out the pics below. The oil seems to be coming out from the back of the engine only and top. there is a tray and as seen the oil residue is there. Please advice. Thank you very much!!!PS E46 ROCKSSSS!!!!!!!!

engine oil leaking

I had the same problem.
While my mech was looking into other things, he noticed slight oil leak on the side of the engine. later when he raised the car he noticed it was leaking from the back as well.
Si i got him to remove the engine and change all the seals, came up to RM 3800 including servicing and changing gear oil and some light bulbs

how much was the overhauled bro's? I mean what was done and how much all of it cost? can give a breakdown of it?

dear drmalvin,

overhaul basically cost me an arm and leg. more like RM10,000 ++... changed everything that is needed to be changed (piston ring, god knows how many seals, bla bla bla).... but i bought every spare part original from glenmarie autobavaria that is the killer i think. the workmanship did not cost much.. if you want the detail you can just gimme ur email and ill try and find you the bills for u...... good luck....

Dear Bimmers,

I'm also not sure where the exactly your engine leaked as well but from my experience after all had been done my mechanic found another one "O" ring inside the camshaft section and it's located behind the spring...after changed it problem solved.

nicksonlow;432397 said:
Dear E46 Professionals,

I have overhauled my engine a month ago due to oil burning (previous ower really did 25000 km before servicing). I realised that some engine oil is coming out from the side even after overhaul. I am very sure that the mechanic changes all the seals. But still.... Please check out the pics below. The oil seems to be coming out from the back of the engine only and top. there is a tray and as seen the oil residue is there. Please advice. Thank you very much!!!

PS E46 ROCKSSSS!!!!!!!!

Bro,
Hows the problem? solve out already?

Top Bottom