engine mounting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
Hi all.....question about e30 m40 engine mounting. i'm using m20engine mounting for my m40. its cuz two different mechanic ask me to use this cuz m40 (cone type) engine mounting doesnt last long.my questions are:-1) really m40 engine mounting doesnt last long? 2) even yes, isn't it design for m40 engine weight(more suitable)?3) is't must to use the engine damper if use m40 engine mounting?4) wht other m40 owners using? round or cone type mounting?thanks all in advance.... :)

M40 mounting is not as hardy compared to the M20 ones. but if you are using M40 engine, then it's ok for you to use back the M40 mounting.

M20 will last longer that's all. :).

but if you are using M42 engine, ahh.. that's different story. ;)

oh.... thanks alot bro.

someone told me tht m20 mounting will raise up the m40engine abit compare to m40mounting. help to save the oil sump if the car lowerd... is't true????

btw, it's a must to use the dampper?

i m not too sure. but it fits for the m42.

i think whenever a car is lowered, it's always save to drive slow over humps or ramps. :).

you mean engine absobers? i believe it should still be there.

well, i believe there is a function there. german's don't build things for no reason. i believe it helps in the engine vibration and also due to the inline engines provides allowance to tilt left and right.

Top Bottom