Engine Flush

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

avictar

Club Guest
Bros...was flipping through an old hypertune when there were doing the white Bimmer project...i believe it is a 328i....anyways, the first thing that was done after an overall suspension revamp was to flush the engine with a host and some chemical...was wondering if it advisable, more true if this was the first time meh? or doesnt make much of a difference...ok maybe slightly but whats the advantage? kinda thinking of doing it before my engine oil replacement...

Originally posted by avictar@Jun 21 2006, 10:43 AM
Bros...was flipping through an old hypertune when there were doing the white Bimmer project...i believe it is a 328i....anyways, the first thing that was done after an overall suspension revamp was to flush the engine with a host and some chemical...

was wondering if it advisable, more true if this was the first time meh? or doesnt make much of a difference...ok maybe slightly but whats the advantage? kinda thinking of doing it before my engine oil replacement...
"flush or not to flush engine" i think its very much to debate like "change or not to change ATF". always have mix reaction n answer. (best is to ask your mechanic to check for sludge/carbon built up in the engine before deciding to flush or not) that is my personal view

for me if use synthetic all the while no need is or if change in btw mineral and syn they u might need coz the mineral are more likely to stick to the eng wall.......

i was recommended by the motul boss to flush out my engine oil b4 i pour in a new brand of oil..last time all the while i have been using either shell helix or mobil 1...then i switch to motul 8100 fully syn 5w30..before pouring in the oil...i put in a can of engine clean n mix it with the old oil...let the car to idle for 20 mins..then flush in the new oil....n after that u can feel the instant difference...our ex moderator has just switch using motul on his porker...n he is really impressed...try it once n u will never regret.

what about using the first bottle of fully synthetic (any brand) instead of engine flush to flush the engine? run it for maybe 500 or 1000KM and then change to the brand that u prefer. I did that with Q8 F1 for 5000km then now change to redline and will permanently stick to this brand

no harm flushing if can give u thr different feel ma....so flush lah b4 changing...... :D

Flushing is good. We flush after business in toilet. So, I think it is fair enough to flush our cars when the opportunity arises to ensure a cleaner engine that has less carbon deposits. It pays to spend on these contingencies in the early years of the car. :yahoo:

I just had my E30 flushed, and after 4-5 cycles of flushing, the difference in the colour of the oil was quite evident.
After 16 years of sludge build up, I think it was long overdue.

Chubby, do flush when the next opportunity comes. Also flush the ATF while you are getting a go at flushing the engine. The ATF flush, you can really tell the difference. Much smoother gear change. :D :yahoo:

try Auto-RX, the ultimate engine cleaner.
Most engine flush are of oil distillate and generally corrosive and can only stay in your engine for x amount of minutes. ARX is a natural Ester based cleaner. It cleans while you drive. :lol:

On the USA market for 5 years and the local disty is HERE.

Cheers

Unless you trust a certain "flusher", else just rajin change engine oil & filter... I change every 2-3k from picking up my UDM...

Also, I find that Mobil 1 does not give me the power, so I just stick to the semis... Super S. Good enough & price reasonable.. afford to drain every 2-3k.. :D

great response bruders...cheers....btw, can you flush the ATF too?...just wondering....

Hahaha :rofl: Engine flush. ATF Flush. What flush will they think of next? :D

Originally posted by vinson@Jun 22 2006, 02:30 PM
Hahaha :rofl: Engine flush. ATF Flush. What flush will they think of next? :D
Royal flush :blush:

Top Bottom