Engine fails to crank

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vinode

Club Guest
Bros,On a cold morning (or at least I think on cold mornings only), when I turn the key to ignition, there is a squeeling, whizzing noise coming from the engine instead of the usual cranking sound. If I let go of the starter and wait a couple of seconds and try again, it cranks and starts immediately. Happens twice a week or so. Anybody experience this before? Is it related to the starter? Thanks for your input.

could be your starter solenoid. had the similar problem but seems to have gone away after ...suddenly

sound more like a starter in progress to kaput .. happen to me too a long time ago .... time i start getting the weezing sound and had to use a baseball bet and knock on the starter housing for weeks ....

piquet;256583 said:
could be your starter solenoid. had the similar problem but seems to have gone away after ...suddenly

i believe it is the solenoid. try to service it first.

gurrante starter,,but always in cold whether sometime like in genting usually park 2 3 days tis promblem occur,,send to service ur alternator n starter,,very cheap starter rm45 than rather change it very2 expensive..regards tq d

dannybaba13;256653 said:
gurrante starter,,but always in cold whether sometime like in genting usually park 2 3 days tis promblem occur,,send to service ur alternator n starter,,very cheap starter rm45 than rather change it very2 expensive..regards tq d

Can share with us the address of the workshop to service the alternator and starter? RM45 is reasonable

Strider;256649 said:
i believe it is the solenoid. try to service it first.

Hi Bro..

My car megamuk again... this time is the starter... Where is the workshop to service it?? Chop Shop selling RM300 while rebuild is RM600

Kalau can service, cheaper mah.. Please help.

Thanks

:party: I had the same problem, than replace the starter doing fine now. Cost RM 300 from chop shop.
By the way some problem probe up regarding long shaft. Speed around 60kmp can can feel something wrong. Check tyre balancing & align. no issue. Anyone can share?? or place can rectified.

First, Check Your Starter, May Be Carbon Inside Gone Oledi.....If Ok, Then Check Your Battery, May Be Battery No Power Already.Voltage Should Be Around 13V~13.8 V

If Everything Fine, Then It Is Your Crank Shaft Sensor Problem, Replace It & Should Get The Job Done & You Will Never Have Such Problem Anymore.

i had a problem like that.changed new alternator,starter.now gonna check battery and fuel pump.once solved will let u know!good luck!

vinode;260999 said:
Bros,
On a cold morning (or at least I think on cold mornings only), when I turn the key to ignition, there is a squeeling, whizzing noise coming from the engine instead of the usual cranking sound. If I let go of the starter and wait a couple of seconds and try again, it cranks and starts immediately. Happens twice a week or so. Anybody experience this before? Is it related to the starter? Thanks for your input.

to all friends,
my starter show the same symptoms, the starter sound in good condition but feel like loose contact with something else to crank.. pls help Where is the workshop to service it.

Zul_84;273681 said:
to all friends,
my starter show the same symptoms, the starter sound in good condition but feel like loose contact with something else to crank.. pls help Where is the workshop to service it.

Hi Zul, Please contact Lokman or Rukulman as he also like to have the starter serviced and Tamade7 have intro a workshop to do it... You may go together for better rate.

Top Bottom