Engine Conversion For E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemerSTER

Club Guest
Hi guys...Was thinking of an engine conversion from M52B20 to M52B28(perhaps from kedai potong). Has anyone done it before?I particularyly picked this route over turbo-charge or super-charge simply becoz less problems occur when one performs a drop-in engine. :D What would the cost be like for the full conversion incl. engine(a drop-in), wiring harness, computer box, injectors, fuel pump etc + labour?Thanks in advance guys! :yahoo:

My friend,
You are really into big-time-performance, ya? Time to get your SMG!

I think it would would work out cheaper and with a lot less hassles if u just went and bought a 528 instead.

Originally posted by BeemerSTER@Jun 26 2006, 01:41 AM
Hi guys...

Was thinking of an engine conversion from M52B20 to M52B28(perhaps from kedai potong). Has anyone done it before?I particularyly picked this route over turbo-charge or super-charge simply becoz less problems occur when one performs a drop-in engine. :D

What would the cost be like for the full conversion incl. engine(a drop-in), wiring harness, computer box, injectors, fuel pump etc + labour?

Thanks in advance guys! :yahoo:
It all depends on how much the cost of the half cut. And for e39, it not cheap. As per what Slide mentioned, you would probably be better off selling your current ride and get a 528i.

Apart from that, you dont get extra value from engine converion, might as well car value drop

and maintainance problem (not match with VIN no.)

Jerman,

Haha...my mum's no big fan of BMW...she thinks a c-class would be a wiser choice than a 3-series...your standard chinese parents ler..

Slide, ALBundy & bmwsideways;

Your points taken guys, thanks!. But however, i've factored in the component of "worth it to get ANOTHER E39?"and my answer is a "NO".....not becoz it is not a great car to own,dont get me wrong, but going thru the hassle of searching for another ride which shares the same looks inside-out, is not really motivating.any beemer of any series would suffice, but not another E39!

Yup, resale may even drop!!All for the sake of a faster ride. But if the final costs is too extravagant, i guess getting another ride would be a smarter choice.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Slide@Jun 26 2006, 01:28 PM
I think it would would work out cheaper and with a lot less hassles if u just went and bought a 528 instead.
yeah...thats the correct answer.

But if you really really wanted to do an engine swap, a 2.8 isn't really going to give you much of a power buzz in a big 5.

I would just drop in the 4.0 v8 and do a manual conversion. Then you'll be flying!

Originally posted by Slide@Jun 27 2006, 10:21 AM
But if you really really wanted to do an engine swap, a 2.8 isn't really going to give you much of a power buzz in a big 5.

I would just drop in the 4.0 v8 and do a manual conversion. Then you'll be flying!
However.....doing this will cause the resale price of your E39 to drop further....much much further tho. ;)

might as well put in the 3.0L engine..

or put in the 2.8L engine cos your engine is a siemens system and OBDII, just change the engine and remap the ecu and you will have a very powderful car.

Top Bottom