engine cant cool down problem T T

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tcl

Club Guest
hi, all sifu i own a 523i single vanos 1999, recently i faced this problem that the engine can't cool down, its stil warm in the morning and the water tank host was very hard. the temp meter its stil at the middle in the morning after put my car over night. before this i just change hold set of my cooling system and overhauled the head change the gasket because of engine over heating. now my car wont over heat but the engine is damm hot cant cool down, the water tank host is damm hot and its like going to exploded!!!! any one here face this problem ??? pls advice me. pls help me all sifu here.

= = no confirm not the meter coz the engine oso very hot, now my exhaust come out alot of smoke (abit blue color) when i start the car any one know y ??sigh ....

Blue smoke .....ouch , either your piston ring or your piston itself . Did you change the valve seal when you overhaul the head ?

bro,
mine's an e34.my last episode was something similar.the cooling hoses were rock hard even after an overnight stay.turned out to be the head gasket.the cooling system was being pressurised by the cylinder compression......

moot

hmmmmm , but the machanic oledi put a new gasket when tey overhauled the head may someting wrong wit the gasket tey used??

Believed you suffered an overheating incident before you overhauled the head?Did you mech check whether the head was warped or not? It is no use even with a new gasket when you have a warped head.

I had an overheating incident once and I had to have the head skimmed. The head was slightly warped.

the head was skimmed when they overhauled now the temp is normal but the engine was very hot adn cant cool down even over nite to morning the hose was very hard and engine was warm in the morning

Are u using plain water in the radiator or have you added coolant to it. Coolant can help speed up heat transfer.

Are you parked in a well ventilated area? Underground car parks can get quite steamy.

tcl said:
the head was skimmed when they overhauled now the temp is normal but the engine was very hot adn cant cool down even over nite to morning the hose was very hard and engine was warm in the morning

Possibly you still have a leak in your head gasket and the gases from the cylinders are finding its way into your cooling system? What did your mech say?:confused:

It is unusual for the engine to continue to retain such amount of heat and the radiator hoses still having pressure in it after leaving the car overnight. Typially it should cool down completely around 3-4 hours. Probably some one sneak out in the wee hours in the morning to have a joy ride in your car while you are fast asleep. Anyway, since you mentioned that you recently did a top overhaul and also skimmed the head, changed the gasket and the works, maybe the gasket did not seat well on the cylinder head when your mech re-installed the head after overhaul. I believe a special tool is needed to screw in the cylinder head to ensure that the head goes down and are tightened in a precisely parallel fashion. I had that problem when I did my 1st overhaul and pressure is still retained in my hoses (indicated by hard hoses) even after the car was left overnight. The 1st top overhaul lasted for slightly over 1 year and the car overheated again. Had no choice but to do the top overhaul the 2nd time, but this time went to a different mechanic. Touch wood, so far so good. No more overheating problem and the hoses are soft

c-square

hi thx for the info i might try new mechanic. where u fix it can give me the contact i think my mechanic not experience enough : ) and can tell me how much for that thx alot

thx c square

but i had ask the workshop re overhauled for me (lucky that they willing to)
now my car is stil in the workshop hopefully no more this problem when it is out, thx to all u guys that sharing wit me hahahhahah wish me luck = )

Top Bottom