Electronic Hang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cas

Club Guest
Hi this morning i driving to work everything is working fine, after 60km of drive i stopped in a traffic light then when i start drive my speedometer is not working and i realized tht my door is not auto locked as well, however the RPM, Fuel Gauge & Temp Gauge is working fine, my air-cond is working fine, when i switch the wiper from intermittent mode to normal mode it only work as intermittent, so i stopped my car shutdown the engine and i run OBC test to check if my speedometer is working, but it seems working fine, so i start back and ride normally it sill not working, after 10km of ride sudenlly my door auto lock again and my speedometer start functioning, anyone encounter this kinda sympthoms before please advise what could be wrong or is it a sympthoms tht my elec system is gonna dead soon ?Sifus pls advise:confused:

thats what im wonder, spend on which part and what could be wrong, pls explaine

take the car to a wiring mech for inspection..it might be some wire needs replacement.

cas;210067 said:
erm anyone encounter this prob b4?

Possible loose connection somewhere. The operation of the wiper (slow speed) and possibly your autolock is speed sensitive and gets the info from your speedo. So if speedo kaput, all these would be affected.

I had the same problem with my wipers after driving through flood-waters... only works in intermittent mode when put on slow mode. Cause... shorting and loose connection to the speed sensor at the rear differential.

I have the smae problem with my speed sensor line also, but it is unrelated whether I go over standing water or not... the wiper will be in intermittent mode although set to slow speed mode, but intermittently, it will burst into slow speed continuous mode.

How many speed sensors are there? My speedometer is working fine, so, the sensor line is still transmitting some sort of speed signal...

my speedometer is working fine as well jus intermittenltly have the prob so i sent my car to be diag and my mechanic told me that my speedometer sensor and fuel sensor is faulty needed to be changed

Changed Fuel Sensor - RM 520
Changed Speedometer sensor - rm 280
Changed engine oil + filter - Rm 190
Changed Wheel Bearing - Rm 460

Hmmm, there goes more $$$ again... just settled my income tax and now this...

Top Bottom