Electrical buzzing sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

YK9

Club Guest
Hi all,Lately, I've been experiencing this problem of an electrical buzzing sound on the left side below the dashboard whenever I start to accelerate especially at low RPM. At high speed, the sound is gone but will come back when accelerate again after the car slowed down. Any idea of what's wrong? Mine is a E46 with M54 engine.Thanks.

Anyone experience this before? Did some research and some said it is the "cricket sound" problem due to the fan blower (HVAC fan) but am still unsure. Advice from the sifus are much appreciated...

I would hazard a guess that it may not be "electrical". If it occurs at low RPM acceleration only, it might just be a resonance effect of the engine vibration going through the body.
You're sure you're not having any spare change rattling inside your ash tray ? :p
Check if anything is loose in your car interior, ask someone to duck their head close to the open glove compartment and see if its really coming from within the dashboard or from the car body frame.

YK9;758268 said:
Anyone experience this before? Did some research and some said it is the "cricket sound" problem due to the fan blower (HVAC fan) but am still unsure. Advice from the sifus are much appreciated...

Easy to test;

Turn on your AC in a familiar & quiet environment. Then turn it off, listen if the "crickets" slowly fade out.. if it is, then BOOM. Your on the money.

But since you said it consistent with the car accelerating, does it also happen while idle but with the throttle pressed?, is the sound coming from your speakers?, could be interference. Had this issue in my dad's Perdana.

Top Bottom