EGS Reprogramming

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

m-sports

Club Guest
My N42 keeps giving me "thud" sound from the rear whenever engaged in low gear especially in traffic (stop-go-stop) so i sent my car for inspection. Without test driving in more than 50m the mechanic told me that the rear axle kaput already which i doubt. New unit cost 7k (OMG!) and used at 2k+. Somemore the mechanic ask me just to change the axle and if the "thud" sound still exist, he will only change me labour cost (what the hell is this? Thought I am his labroratary rat..). I know some members here get their problem solved in different ways example change axle oil, change absober mounting, change axle bushing and perform EGS programming on gearbox to fix the free-play. Any sifu here could recommend a workshop that can do EGS programming and how much it cost?Feedback is greatly appreciated..Cheers

Just an update.

Visited few workshops. Some said rear axle lar, long shaft lar, gearbox lar, blar-blar-blar... Eventually changed gearbox oil (ZF) also same symptom.

So, I just follow others suggestion. Disconnect the battery, wait for 15 minutes and reconnect it. Surprise, the 'thud' sound disappeared when gear downshift from 3-2 & 2-1... AT ZERO COST!!!

Below is the link of info

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showth...um.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4

It seems like a EGS software bugs solved by reprogrammed it according to BMW Service Bulletin. Anyone tried updated the newer version software? Where to go?

Top Bottom