E93 325 2.5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cyclone9

Club Guest
I'm looking around for used E93 and saw a local 325 which is only 2.5L, however other 325 advertised are 3.0. I tried searching the forum and googling for info on this engine but couldnt find any as mostly says the 325 is a 3.0. Does anyone know about this engine and can share some details? Eg engine model, power, top speed, 0-100kmh... Any known issues for this engine? Thanks.

it would help if you had noted the VIN of the said e93. with that u can determine the actual engine it has and the displacement.

The 325i has both the N52B25 and the N52B30. Both straight inline and both reliable (arguably) and they are the lightest magnesium straight six in the market. 0-100km/h too slow, top speed 250km/h. So just like Gendong said, get the VIN, and you can confirm on bmwvin.com.

Thanks guys for the tips. I found the VIN and engine code by the door, it is N52B25A. Good that it's reliable, i just paid a booking fee today :)

I think most BMW and Datsuns would not have an issue going up to 250km/h. It's how fast you get there.

Not entirely true bro...the reason being most if not all e92 M3's are speed limited to 250kmh only (unless bought with M Driver's Package) ....on the last test run, a few were outrun by FBO TT tuned cars that continue going 260-270kmh...last time I heard removing the speed limiter on the M3 was expensive..so keen to know if our brother Fadhlan has done it and tested his ride to 327kmh or at least above 250kmh :)

Not too sure if it can go to 250kmh, will need to find out after i get the car... :D

Doesn't feel like good pick up when i test drove the car though :blink:

Only once coming back from Singapore on PLUS Northbound on a BMWCM drive. Hit 270km/h then I backed down after about 2-3 seconds. After that I never push it because most of the time I join drives with BMWCM. Even on SIC, most I can achieve on straight is 160km/h in front of the grandstand.

So this black GTR at 2.7s 0-100 I would like to see that. Because that is really fast, like F1 fast.

Fadhlan said:
Only once coming back from Singapore on PLUS Northbound on a BMWCM drive. Hit 270km/h then I backed down after about 2-3 seconds. After that I never push it because most of the time I join drives with BMWCM. Even on SIC, most I can achieve on straight is 160km/h in front of the grandstand.

So this black GTR at 2.7s 0-100 I would like to see that. Because that is really fast, like F1 fast.
You should try go faster to see if your top speed is delimited or not...btw was that on speedometer or GPS? If 270kmh on speedometer then actual (GPS) should be around 250-260kmh...should try going faster for verification purposes...

Yes 2.7s is really fast...seeing how the needle jumps from 0-100kmh is quite mind boggling...I guess that's why Nissan puts 0 kmh on the speedo at 4 o'clock instead of the conventional 7 o'clock...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnphrjHjMC0

I will share mine in due time :) stay tuned bro..bersabo sikit k hehe

This competiton model does not have a speed limiter and yes it came with the M Drive Package from the UK. I don't think I want to go beyond 250km/h on a public road again. It's dangerous to the other users and to me as well.

I got my E93 in early Dec and have been driving it for a month plus now, I notice that the engine oil dropped from mid point to low in less than a month though I only use it in the weekends. Does anyone encountered this before? Since i got Opal insurance, anyone know of a Opal workshop with good and prompt service around sunway/pj/subang?

Another thing is my tyres seems to be having poor grip compared to my E36. My E36 was previously using Michelin PS3 and now on GY F1A2. The tyres on my E93 are Conti CSC2 SSR 225/45/17 (front) and 255/40/17 (rear)
As I'm new to RFT, any reco of better grip tyres?

Thanks.

Hi... Anyone can help me about a good Opal workshop? I am thinking to try Autoimage in Sunway, if anyone have any experience with this place to share, do share ya.

Hi tsho, thanks for your recommendation.
I finally get to try them out and just changed my rear brake pads there. Quite a decent workshop and very attentive manager, just that price is a little high initially, before they gave some discounts ;)

Top Bottom