E92 335i import from UK - localisation?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kamion

Club Guest
Hi guys,Does anyone know if there is any thing to be done on the E92 335i import from the UK in order to "localise" it for the climate in Boleh-land?Thanks.

Things like:
ECU remap for difference in fuel
Temperature control - more fans? or something?

kamion;516327 said:
Things like:
ECU remap for difference in fuel
Temperature control - more fans? or something?

few of us here are driving imported UK spec 335i and there is nothing that you need to do to it to so called localise it. Everything is exactly the same like the unit you buy here in malaysia

How about maps for the Navigation Professional 609? I read that BMW Malaysia are selling those at RM2k?

yes u can get the dvd from bmw malaysia at that price... and also there are other avenues to get it at a much cheaper price

David,is urs UK-spec as well?

Just got my first 'Engine Fault' warning.Granted I was driving the car in an urban environment plus a few stationary idling without shutting down the engine.I have a feeling its a temperature related thing, but I can't be sure.Letting the car cool by switching off for a while does work in getting the warning to go off.

If it is temperature related,maybe I should consider the BMW Performance Power Kit.I think coolant temp might be the issue,cuz oil temp was a normal 115C when I had the warning.

Gonna need to solve this issue first before I start tuning.

kamion;516331 said:
Good stuff. Thanks for the response.

Which petrol grade do you use?
BMW can use from RON 91 - 98 but the lower RON u use the lower HP u get... meaning for better performance use V power... my 5 cents :smokin:

supergripen;516409 said:
If it is temperature related,maybe I should consider the BMW Performance Power Kit.I think coolant temp might be the issue,cuz oil temp was a normal 115C when I had the warning.

Is this engine management light quite common?

How much is it to get the BMW Performance Kit installed?

kamion;516544 said:
Is this engine management light quite common?

How much is it to get the BMW Performance Kit installed?

I'm not really sure..I've only had the warning once,and I seldom drive my car cuz I'm always outstation.Haven't driven a car(let alone my 335i) in 4days,and it'll be another 2 before I see my car again!

Regarding the BMW Performance Power Kit,I don't think it's offered here,yet.Will be enquiring soon when I send the car in for servicing soon.What the kit comprise of is an additional radiator with all the plumbing for additional cooling,a bigger main fan and a software update to gel all the new additions together,and oh..there's that small matter of 326bhp,which brings the engine on par with the new 740i.

Not too sure of the price tho..I'd imagine it'll be quite costly,as with all BMW Performance offerings.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the BMW Performance Kit, and if it's worth the money for the extra cooling.

kamion;516702 said:
I wonder if anyone has any experience with the BMW Performance Kit, and if it's worth the money for the extra cooling.

Yup i want to know this too...

Oh, how about the instrument cluster? Anyone changed the speed dial to show KM/H as the main (bigger) unit and the odometer to KM?

Kamion, the speed meter shows both Mph and Kmh for mine, and you can select from the idrive (if you have it ) to change the digital readings to metric (km) or imperial (m).

M5port, all speedometers show both, but the difference is whether the "main" (bigger, outer) labels are KM/H or MPH.

Thanks for the tip re. idrive. :)

If i;m not mistaken, all the MPH are on the outside and KMH are in the inside. i think its look pretty good compared to just only KMH =)

planning a meet up withmarco and some other fellow 335s , interested?

I haven't got my car yet. Will only get it in a few months time. :D Just doing investigation now. haha.

Top Bottom