E90 Used 320d Questions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xiper

Club Guest
hi all bro/sisI went through some of the posts here about the 'd' and I'm interested to get a 'd' to join the family especially the petrol price might be going up further :wink:Found out there are 2 version of engine here one with 177ps+350nm and another one 184ps+380nm. Besides the diesel performance kit only available on 184ps version, is there any major difference (except hp/torque) between the 2 engines?To be safe, I am trying to look for the newer unit with iDrive and full service record, may I know what are the major things to take note when looking into the used 320d?thanks for sifus advise for my search for the 'd'...it will be my first udm

i myself do not see much differences between these two engine variant.. of course if you choose to have it powerkitted the you will need to own the 184ps with 380nm engine..i have been using my car since june2011 (manufactured october2010) and not had any major issues since..maintenance wise, i do them myself (diy) and have saved lots of money..try look around forum members (320d owners) here if anyone is selling theirs..better buy one from a fellow club member rather than buying from a non-club member..:smokin: happy hunting bro..

Ds are known to be more robust than its petrol brothers. Look for a 2010-2012 unit which most of them are still under warranty & BSRI. And yes do get the 184bhp version should you plan to add in the PPK in the future. Happy hunting!

Xiper ... get the 184 version. Allows you to gatal later on and as usual, it will fetch a better price than the 177 version. Dealers will have all sorts of excuses when you go to see them. As for fuel consumption imagine this:

e90 325 full tank = about 650 kms (highway)
e90 320d full tank = about 900+ kms (highway)

Few things to look for in a used 320d is mostly the service history record, check to see if the usual stuff is changed under warranty
- Squeeking door panels (rectified with tape at the rubber seals)
- Vibrating front xenon lights (face a wall and turn on the light while the engine is running to see if the light vibrates)
- Front lower suspension arms, go over bumps and see if you notice any noise

Basically these are some of the things I have changed under warranty

It is good to have the 184hp version, gives you more potential for power.

tIANcI;844506 said:
Xiper ... get the 184 version. Allows you to gatal later on and as usual, it will fetch a better price than the 177 version. Dealers will have all sorts of excuses when you go to see them. As for fuel consumption imagine this:

e90 325 full tank = about 650 kms (highway)
e90 320d full tank = about 900+ kms (highway)

looking at that consumption :burnout: , now im thinking about a "d" ..:rolleyes:

Actually on highway, if u control the gas pedal, u can even achieve 1100km plus on full tank...

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

rattlesnake1982;844545 said:
Actually on highway, if u control the gas pedal, u can even achieve 1100km plus on full tank...

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

Cant control my foot la.. always gatal.. even at traffic light.. addicted to the kick from behind.

Xiper.. If you are free, do join our tt sessions..chose one nearest to your location.. Just be prepared for the racun you will get..im not surprised if you turn up choosing a 335i instead:4:

wow before joining the TT already feel the poison...omg! heart is burning now, need to calm myself down lol

Yeah the 335 is indeed another monster. If I were in your shoes right now, I would go for the 335i instead ;)

Also search for 'cicak' sound and turbo hose issues in this forum.

Overall the 320d is a great everyday rempit car :top:

just did a 1134km on a tank.... today!

rattlesnake1982;844545 said:

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

alantiong;845475 said:
just did a 1134km on a tank.... today!
Thats amazing! You are running the 320d F30 right? I feel that the 8-speed ZF gearbox does provide better efficiency compared to the older 6-speed auto gearboxes.

Mavik;844510 said:
Few things to look for in a used 320d is mostly the service history record, check to see if the usual stuff is changed under warranty
- Squeeking door panels (rectified with tape at the rubber seals)
- Vibrating front xenon lights (face a wall and turn on the light while the engine is running to see if the light vibrates)
- Front lower suspension arms, go over bumps and see if you notice any noise

Basically these are some of the things I have changed under warranty

It is good to have the 184hp version, gives you more potential for power.

Brother Mavik,
I think my xenon lights will have minor vibrates, I though it is normal.
Is it abnormal and we can request to change it during warranty?

Top Bottom