E90 to E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gan_24

Club Guest
Hi friends,I need some advice. Currently I am driving e90 m sport Japan 2006 320i . Not really satisfied with the performance of the car.oil leak , valve tronic motor error and suspension too hard.So I am thinking to change to e60 .is it a good idea? How about the maintanence cost? Is it too much compare to E90. When the engine oil start leak I already had a bad impression with this model.how about e60 is it having oil Leak issue? According to all mechanics I visited every one are saying e90 320i engine oil leak is normal. Last month I just replace the Engine oil cap because of leaking. After a week again oil leak don't know from where.I am not criticizing e90 maybe my luck is not so good.If I change my car now deffenetly I am going to lost a lot because just bought it last year.What you will do if you are in my position? I am really blank...Need some ideas from you guys. Thanks bros n sis.Happy new year to all..

Why BMW if you can't accept oil leak, valvetronic motor error and hard suspension? E60 has valvetronic motor too, hard suspension because BMW is made to handles corners like a dream and many would trade their kidneys for your MSport anti roll bar and suspension. BMW is not a suitable candidate to be your average family comfy cruiser. Set your priorities right or look elsewhere.

For a 2006 ride, i think its about time for you to change the wear n tear items, inclusive of gaskets, seals etc, and not limited to only those if you wish to maintain the ride in pristine condition. Have you done that? Changing to e60 would not resolve your problems, as it has its own set of issues.

On another note, maybe you should change mechanic since he's not able to give you the heads-up on issues.

Unless u get a brand new ride inclusive of BSRI.....now thats piece of mind (to some extent)...

astroboy;792985 said:
Why BMW if you can't accept oil leak, valvetronic motor error and hard suspension? E60 has valvetronic motor too, hard suspension because BMW is made to handles corners like a dream and many would trade their kidneys for your MSport anti roll bar and suspension. BMW is not a suitable candidate to be your average family comfy cruiser. Set your priorities right or look elsewhere.

Thanks for your advice. Yes you are right e60 also have valvetronic motor and also have engine to leak.

gendong;792988 said:
For a 2006 ride, i think its about time for you to change the wear n tear items, inclusive of gaskets, seals etc, and not limited to only those if you wish to maintain the ride in pristine condition. Have you done that? Changing to e60 would not resolve your problems, as it has its own set of issues.

On another note, maybe you should change mechanic since he's not able to give you the heads-up on issues.

Unless u get a brand new ride inclusive of BSRI.....now thats piece of mind (to some extent)...

Hi Bro,

Yes you are right I already change my mechanic and get new idea. I order new Eibach springs will replace on Monday . I

Hope it will solve my suspension issue.

Eibach or H&R springs are lower and harder than MSport springs. My E90 despite brand new back in 2007, had been in and out of SC at least 4x for oil leak issue during the first 2 years warranty period... who say new BMW no problem?

seem like common BMW seals quality issue. BMW should relook into their materials in manufacturing... is there no other aftermarket seals tht perform better than ori?

astroboy;793005 said:
Eibach or H&R springs are lower and harder than MSport springs. My E90 despite brand new back in 2007, had been in and out of SC at least 4x for oil leak issue during the first 2 years warranty period... who say new BMW no problem?

Then what happen after 2 years. No more oil leak? Yes I know it is lower but it has 2 different ratio of coil.for soft and hard

handling.

Need to try to confirm.

You mean progressive spring? When you drop the car from the hoist, the weight of the car would have compressed the entire portion of the soft section leaving behind the hard section. When spring is lowered, the traveling space within wheel arch is reduce before bottoms out. Hence the spring had to offer shorter compress distance and it's only possible with harder spring.

Yes, my car is still leaking but not serious. My definition of not serious means less than 1L per 10,000km. If I were to fix every little leak, the car would have bankrupted me. Only 4 sets of valve cover gasket were used during the 5 years ownership. Why only 4 sets? Because during warranty period, I claim when ever possible but after warranty over, I allowed it to stretch.

astroboy;793024 said:
You mean progressive spring? When you drop the car from the hoist, the weight of the car would have compressed the entire portion of the soft section leaving behind the hard section. When spring is lowered, the traveling space within wheel arch is reduce before bottoms out. Hence the spring had to offer shorter compress distance and it's only possible with harder spring.

Yes, my car is still leaking but not serious. My definition of not serious means less than 1L per 10,000km. If I were to fix every little leak, the car would have bankrupted me. Only 4 sets of valve cover gasket were used during the 5 years ownership. Why only 4 sets? Because during warranty period, I claim when ever possible but after warranty over, I allowed it to stretch.

Yes you are right. I will change the spring first if still the same I have to change absorber .

This months I already top up 2.5 L of engine oil until today.not all because of leaking the valvetronic motor also one
Of the reason I think .

Gan_24;793026 said:
Yes you are right. I will change the spring first if still the same I have to change absorber .

This months I already top up 2.5 L of engine oil until today.not all because of leaking the valvetronic motor also one
Of the reason I think .

Valves seals problem ? Change to thicker engine oil ?

trust me, the e60 would have the same problems if not more problems than the e90. my advice to you is change to a thicker oil viscosity if u are using something that is too light. I recommend 15w60 or 10w60. Change your valve, rocker cover seals, radiator hose. Within the engine bay of a BMW, it gets really hot and materials within the engine bay that are made of rubber breaks down really quick especially out hot climate.

Do the basic maintenance work first.

unkle_uber;793160 said:
trust me, the e60 would have the same problems if not more problems than the e90. my advice to you is change to a thicker oil viscosity if u are using something that is too light. I recommend 15w60 or 10w60. Change your valve, rocker cover seals, radiator hose. Within the engine bay of a BMW, it gets really hot and materials within the engine bay that are made of rubber breaks down really quick especially out hot climate.

Do the basic maintenance work first.

Thank you very much bro. Can you give me more info about the valve ,rocker cover seal,and radiator hose.any

Recommended part? Your advice really helpful.

We love the M-sport suspension so much. And you are trying to mess it up! Actually you can consider to change the tyres. May be you are on RFT tyres.
Or your absorbers are about to change! Absorber and spring work together and please don't mix them!

jwah;793177 said:
We love the M-sport suspension so much. And you are trying to mess it up! Actually you can consider to change the tyres. May be you are on RFT tyres.
Or your absorbers are about to change! Absorber and spring work together and please don't mix them!

Hi Bro, yes you are right I am on RFT just change all the 4 tyres less then a year. The non RFT can give a lot of
Changes?

Yes, you can get the non RFT and the slime tyre repair kit RM80 or mobility kit or a spare tyre at RM1600.
Very comfortable the normal tyre. I am on PS2

I ditch the RFT is because the thread wore very fast. After changing to non RFT..good
on RFT your tyre pressure shall be front 34 rear 36

Top Bottom