e90 shark fin

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmerdude

Club Guest
hi guysjust wanna ask if anybody has done puttting the shark fin onto their 320i e90 sedan? do u just use 3M sticky tape or glue? or drilling?and where do i buy these fins, replica/original?thanks for helping:top:

bimmerdude;327578 said:
hi guys

just wanna ask if anybody has done puttting the shark fin onto their 320i e90 sedan? do u just use 3M sticky tape or glue? or drilling?

and where do i buy these fins, replica/original?

thanks for helping:top:

i used 3M Sticky tape. some of us use the silicon glue....No Drilling

No drilling needed, just use some 3M tape I guess (was installed by the guys at the shop).
But I noticed that they had to cut away some small parts at the base of the shark fin so that it sits flush with the surface of the roof.

I bought and installed mine from Stuttgart Motorsports @ Taman Mayang, PJ.

thanks guys for the helpful info. are those original fins or replica? and do i have to specify which type of fins? different models have diff fins?

thanks

The original shark fin a.k.a. sat nav antenna is a screw on antenna with some GPS antenna circuit inside. All the iDrive equipped E90 has it on as original..

I doubt it would increase aerodynamic properties on the car but to look nice only. I don't think u want to screw it on because drilling on roof is not so smart... improper fitting will cause leak and rust..

Stuttgart gave it to me FOC incl painting with the MSport body kit purchased. I think it cost ~Rm75 only anyways for the original BMW part. Can chk with Stuttgart in Tmn Mayang.

astroboy;328095 said:
The original shark fin a.k.a. sat nav antenna is a screw on antenna with some GPS antenna circuit inside. All the iDrive equipped E90 has it on as original..

I doubt it would increase aerodynamic properties on the car but to look nice only. I don't think u want to screw it on because drilling on roof is not so smart... improper fitting will cause leak and rust..

Bro Astro...

May I know whether the original shark fin also acts as antenna for the radio? Thanks..

Do any of you guys think it will look stupid if I put an E60 fin on my E34 520i? Trying to picture it....hmm.

Top Bottom