E90 dashboard rattle noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

keneshiro7

Club Guest
Does anyone have same problem? This noise made me uncomfortable. Does anyone DIY to fix it. Thank you & appreciate.

Which part of the board is rattling? Driver side or passenger side?

MIne also got rattling sounds, maybe on the driver side steering rack.

Car is due for service, will ask the service centre about it

What sort of rattling? I know the only rattling sounds I get is from the cup holders whenever they are used. Other than that, the other noises I hear is from my suspension instead or perhaps the arm. Whenever I go over a bump with the steering wheel turned, I can hear a distinct "klunk" sound.

hi, for the sounds on the driver side, try looking under the hood, and just lightly hit on certain parts see which is loose, as i had really bad rattles, turns out it was just a loose engine sway bar.

For passenger side, look in the fuse box, i fixed mine as there was a loose wire( of some sort ) and i just taped it up.

If its neither, then at all the best in finding :)

If you hear sharp noise like metal hitting, its probably your driver side dash trim pin is loose. Remove the trim, reposition the pin (best is wrap it with velvet tape) then put back. Hope this helps. I DIY this and so far so good.

also check your air filter box bracket/mounting, try shaking it & see if that's the sound

Top Bottom