E90 325i - Engine Vibration during Idling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David Yong;459535 said:
Hmmm.... it is a sign of it's time to let her go already :) Hahaha...

Hmmm..........I wish I can afford a 335i like you!:63:

Don't know if this helps. My friend owns a E90 and got the same problem. Send to the BMW center to check and was told to change the coil. Dyno found nothing wrong. As the coil was expensive so my friend went to a normal mechanic and the problem solve. Actually is a little crack on one of the air hose.

Don't know this will help. My friend owns a E90 (2005) & got the same problem. Send for dyno found nothing wrong & the bimmer mechanic said could be the coil giving problem & had the coil change. The problem still there so my friend went to see a normal mechanic & after checking on the bimmer for a few days, found out one of the air hose got a tiny crack. Change out the hose & problem solve.

Possible faultts on e90 325i engine vibrate :

1. engine oil sludge
2. ignition coil
3. air leak
4. dirty fuel injector
5. defect spark plugs

these r sum of d easy/usual culprits. let d IA guys take their time 2 check on this.

oligokoko;460158 said:
Possible faultts on e90 325i engine vibrate :

1. engine oil sludge
2. ignition coil
3. air leak
4. dirty fuel injector
5. defect spark plugs

these r sum of d easy/usual culprits. let d IA guys take their time 2 check on this.

IA had checked Item 1,2,3 & 5, but problem persists.

I suspect now it's fuel/fuel system related : I've used V-Power from day1 of owning the car and when Ron 95 was introduced, I switch to ron 97 due to scarcity of V-Power. The vibration problem started few months later. I pumped a tankful of V-Power last week & the vibration became less pronounce & less frequent. I'll continue to use V-Power from now & see if the problem could be eradicated.

Now u know why some of us fanatics keep 2 E90s under their garage?! or at least, replacements like ECU, ignition coils, hoses and stuffs. So can swap parts to see if the problem gone or ends up in the donor car.. :p

Start with the ECU, AFM, ignition coil, spark plugs, the full set of vacuum hose, fuel pump, fuel filter.. in fact SC should do the same if they can't rely on their Service Bulletin rather than say "we check all and nothing wrong"... at least still better than "we replace all but dunno if problem solved, here's the bill" :eek:

bmFIVE;460369 said:
IA had checked Item 1,2,3 & 5, but problem persists.

I suspect now it's fuel/fuel system related : I've used V-Power from day1 of owning the car and when Ron 95 was introduced, I switch to ron 97 due to scarcity of V-Power. The vibration problem started few months later. I pumped a tankful of V-Power last week & the vibration became less pronounce & less frequent. I'll continue to use V-Power from now & see if the problem could be eradicated.

might be d DME adaptation value then. DME always try 2 adapt with d driver's driving profile. if all this while u r using Vpower n then recently change to ron97 n d prob starts, then it might be it. clearing the adaptation value might solve d problem. just my 2cents.

mind sharing your UDM's mileage? is d vibration only happen when idling or even while driving?

My analysis of this thread so far and based on past postings, is Oligokoko is surely a technician at one of our authorized BMW svc centers. Korek or not? :D

E46Fanatic;460769 said:
My analysis of this thread so far and based on past postings, is Oligokoko is surely a technician at one of our authorized BMW svc centers. Korek or not? :D

.. and experienced one too.. should first buy him/her 1 round, then get the contact as it will be the most important phone number in your phone, as long as you are keeping the JOY machine.. :wink: :D :D

oligokoko;460617 said:
might be d DME adaptation value then. DME always try 2 adapt with d driver's driving profile. if all this while u r using Vpower n then recently change to ron97 n d prob starts, then it might be it. clearing the adaptation value might solve d problem. just my 2cents.

mind sharing your UDM's mileage? is d vibration only happen when idling or even while driving?

My car's mileage is 47k km. It's registered Dec 2006.

Vibration is noticeable during idling, There's no loss of power while driving.

bmFIVE;460772 said:
My car's mileage is 47k km. It's registered Dec 2006.

Vibration is noticeable during idling, There's no loss of power while driving.

Is it idling way to low kicking in the anti stall program? Does it get worse with A/C off?

E46Fanatic;460773 said:
Is it idling way to low kicking in the anti stall program? Does it get worse with A/C off?

No to both question. Only thing is that the rpm fluctuates when it vibrates.

...if all fails .....ever tot of looking much2 deeper ...u could have 1 or more 'fauty piston' in the block ....

get it rectified fast bro ..its the sign to a major prob if not attended soon enough ....

It'll likely be rough during driving and eating oil if that was the case tho. Anyway, curious as well what is the cause for this.. Hmm..

Thanks to all for comments/suggestion. :top: Took a short drive in the car last night without noticing any vibration while idling. I'll let the 2nd tank of V-Power be consumed & see what happen.

hopefully nothing major, otherwise any 1 of us might be the next victim ..

is yours a 2006 325i CBU?

Spaceman;461012 said:
hopefully nothing major, otherwise any 1 of us might be the next victim ..

is yours a 2006 325i CBU?

It's a CKD.

Top Bottom