E90 325i - Engine Vibration during Idling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JCKL

Club Guest
My car develops this problem about a week ago: the engine noticeably vibrates (intermittently) when the car is idling. The rpm drops when this happens. The problem is very similar to the way old car vibrates when the air cond is on. However, there's no apparent loss of power when the car on the move. Any sifu here can shed some light on to the cause of such problem?

Idling issue... what fuel u using? RON95?

Can also be the O2 sensor or Air Mass meter acting up. Still has warranty? get SC to diagnose la.

Do u follow OBC oil change interval? If yes! then u are f*ck! Sludge is jamming up most of the oil passage and block up sensors.

The mileage is 46k km. Have booked appointment with IA to check this Fri. Will keep your guys posted. Hopefully is nothing serious.

Car checked into IA this morning. SA reckoned it could be ignition coil. Will see.

bmFIVE;457507 said:
Car checked into IA this morning. SA reckoned it could be ignition coil. Will see.

Yeah if it was, it'll throw error codes on which bank coil is bad as well. Quite a clever car. SA just needs to run a diagnostic to find out.

I was just on the phone with the SA, no fault registered on the diagnostic machine, so they're still checking.

Update: IA unable to diagnose the problem, have to leave the car overnight. They'll try again tomorrow.

Update: IA's mechanic couldn't fix the problem, so decided to collect the car on Sat afternoon as I didn't want to leave the car there over the weekend. I'll have to make another appointment this week.:(

bmFIVE;458206 said:
Update: IA's mechanic couldn't fix the problem, so decided to collect the car on Sat afternoon as I didn't want to leave the car there over the weekend. I'll have to make another appointment this week.:(

Suggest to them to change engine mounting. Sometimes could be manufacturing defact on the rubber.

BMWs;458574 said:
Suggest to them to change engine mounting. Sometimes could be manufacturing defact on the rubber.

Not likely because the rpm fluctuates when the engine vibrates........I may have solved the mystery problem, very simply. Will monitor few more days before revealing what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.:63:

bmFIVE;458767 said:
Not likely because the rpm fluctuates when the engine vibrates........I may have solved the mystery problem, very simply. Will monitor few more days before revealing what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.:63:

Yup - rev the sh1t out of it!

Same thing happened to my E90 325i 05' model before. Was driving hard and when i reached a traffic light to stop, the engine died and the check engine light lights up( my balls shrunk as I saw money flying in my head oredi ). Started the car but idling was rough macam ader race cam.. Drove to my normal mechanic and diagnosed a fried cam shaft sensor. After a 20 minute job and RM600 bucks poorer its good as new.. Try to check the cam sensor as there is a recall.. Could be related to this or if not please share with us...

badrul880;459454 said:
Same thing happened to my E90 325i 05' model before. Was driving hard and when i reached a traffic light to stop, the engine died and the check engine light lights up( my balls shrunk as I saw money flying in my head oredi ). Started the car but idling was rough macam ader race cam.. Drove to my normal mechanic and diagnosed a fried cam shaft sensor. After a 20 minute job and RM600 bucks poorer its good as new.. Try to check the cam sensor as there is a recall.. Could be related to this or if not please share with us...

Thanks....will keep this in mind.:top:

Top Bottom