e90 325 msport 07 power loss..why?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

khairi

Club Guest
morning all,This morning i started my 325 with rough ignition and idling(not as usual). i did notice that the power loss is signnificant especially riding the hill. also, i can feel the vibration(not smooth) in accelarating. Could anyone share ur experience or any explaination for my prob? thanks

I concur with Herbert. Most likely is the coils or plugs. Semi-faulty coils will not trigger any fault initially, even when the vehicle goes through a proper diagnostic test.

thanks Herbert. yup..ignition coils on cylinder no 2 misfire.. i ask them to replace all 6 spark plugs(service due soon) and the faulty ignition coil. or should i replace all ignition coils? any significant different?

khairi;841538 said:
thanks Herbert. yup..ignition coils on cylinder no 2 misfire.. i ask them to replace all 6 spark plugs(service due soon) and the faulty ignition coil. or should i replace all ignition coils? any significant different?

If you do have the budget, do replace all. It is known that once one of the coil starts failing, the rest will follow suit after that. Just matter of time.

khairi;841552 said:
thanks wingzee..no budget lorr..just after raya

khairi,

OK, glad that you had the loss of power & rough idling resolved. Be prepared for the remaining 5 ignition coils to fail anytime but at least now you would know what to expect.

hey guys, i have the exact same car too with Msport, had a coil go few weeks ago, followed by another just 2 days after, brought it to the shop for both. but after 2 times of pocket ripping worksmanship, decided to get my own coils and fix them myself should the other 4 decide to go.

It's an easy DIY after looking at how the mechanics changed it for me.
it's Rm100 per coil as compared to Rm200 at some workshops.

Top Bottom