E60 530iA vs 535d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agree with your points, except for Fuel consumption figures. Lets just put published figures aside and look at real "real-world" figures.

The 530d wins even if petrol and diesel prices are the same per litre!. For 530d, you can ride like mad, it will give 32 mpg. Drive easy and smooth, it returns over 40 mpg (of diesel). The petrol version is very different in behaviour. Normal driving, you would be hard pressed to get 30 mpg. Drive it like mad, we are talking about 20 mpg or less!.

Top Year Phil editior (good friend of mine), drove the petrol X3 3.0i for almost 3000 kms over several days. He says driving hard can be TWICE the FC as cruising normal and easy!!!. They pushed 200Kph several times and always do "chase" stuns with a group of BMW bikers who are riding K1200 class bikes (those are fast!). They do cruises as well since the bikers don't do high speed for hours on end!.
This confirms my suspicion as in my old Accord 2.3 manual that drinks twice when I drove it compared to my driver before!. I know, I got the receipts for the gasoline everytime!.

Top Bottom