E60 520 Driver seat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

HS29

Club Guest
Hi Beemers,My BMW E60 drivers set has a "tak" noise every time I accelarate and brake. I have send it to AB and another mechanic in Subang but no one can solve the problem. Dare not give it to non Beemer mechanics as some one in AB told me that there are lots of sensors on the seat and thus if the guy is not a pro he may screw it up totally.The noise is from the joint between the lower and the back rest area of the seat. Any one encounter this problem before? How to resolve it?Hope some Sifu's can help.

My e39 driver electric seat had similar "tak" noise problem and got it rectified for RM120.00 You can go to CARBI DECO LEATHER INDUSTRY, 7G & 9G, Jalan Bandar Puchong (next to TESCO), Selangor. Tel: (03) 5882-9227 ask for Jason.

herbert;476744 said:
My e39 driver electric seat had similar "tak" noise problem and got it rectified for RM120.00 You can go to CARBI DECO LEATHER INDUSTRY, 7G & 9G, Jalan Bandar Puchong (next to TESCO), Selangor. Tel: (03) 5882-9227 ask for Jason.

Thanks Herbert, apprently its a common problem for E39 and E60. I will check them out this saturday. Thanks.

xjamx83;476817 said:
come to my workshop laa brader,i check for u. Call me at 0132135588 NIZAM

Ur blatant commerical-related postings are not encouraged.. And btw, ur hard-sell strategy is putting off people rather than getting them to visit your PitStop..

HS29;478072 said:
Thanks, settled at Carbi Deco! No more noisy tak tak noise!

Care to share how they solve yr problem?

Since we r in topic of E60 seat. I would like to ask all opinion on E60 seat compare to E39. I found that E60 less comfort compare to E39 for front & rear seat. Any input?

initialM;553534 said:
Care to share how they solve yr problem?

Since we r in topic of E60 seat. I would like to ask all opinion on E60 seat compare to E39. I found that E60 less comfort compare to E39 for front & rear seat. Any input?

:listen:depends on who is seating on who in the front seat....hihihihihi ....cabutzzzz.....:vroam:

I drove a E39 523i for about 3-4 years before I bought my present E60. Doesn't feel any difference though. Both are similarly comfortable for me.

Grand;554090 said:
I drove a E39 523i for about 3-4 years before I bought my present E60. Doesn't feel any difference though. Both are similarly comfortable for me.

Which model is yr E60? CBU or CKD or recond?

Its a UK CBU E60 520 year 2005. Of course the leather in the E60 is newer and fresher than the previous E39

buy the comfort seat with 10 adjustment that installed on all E60 530d. Very comfort as the name says...

HS29;478072 said:
Thanks, settled at Carbi Deco! No more noisy tak tak noise!

Bro can i know what is at fault for ur case? Im currently having the same exact problem as yours and carbi deco guys couldnt fix it for me :(

Damonzero;844408 said:
Bro can i know what is at fault for ur case? Im currently having the same exact problem as yours and carbi deco guys couldnt fix it for me :(

I think what you need to do is to remove the whole seat from the car and then remove the leather and then tighten the screws that are in. In my case one of the screws were loose and that caused the sound to come everytime you take a corner. Good luck!

HS29;844919 said:
I think what you need to do is to remove the whole seat from the car and then remove the leather and then tighten the screws that are in. In my case one of the screws were loose and that caused the sound to come everytime you take a corner. Good luck!

I fixed mine by removing the whole seat. there is a H bone railing that locks the nut and and a plastic cone, the cone was loose, that guy use tape to 'thickend' the plastic cone and relock the nut, its silent now :) oh yea the damage is RM100.

Top Bottom