e46 undercarriage cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
other than dirty engine compartment, other more disadvantage of not having the cover?

anyone can get me this cover let me know...mine really kinda busted...but want one in good condition la...cheers :D

Originally posted by Mouse@May 29 2006, 09:27 PM
other than dirty engine compartment, other more disadvantage of not having the cover?
Well, perhaps the car's aerodynamics might be affected?

anyone have the drawing with full dimension for the undercarriage cover (oil sump cover). or where can borrow a sample for a day coz wanna ask my friend to make a stainless steel for me.

I am missing the small aluminium square cover which screws onto the large alum piece under the car. Drove pretty hard through one of the turns,and on exiting out, heard this metalic sound under the car. My guess is the mechanic didnt screw it back properly and it blew/fell off.

Anyone got jalan on where to get this small aluminium replacement part?

Originally posted by Mouse@Jun 1 2006, 06:30 PM
anyone have the drawing with full dimension for the undercarriage cover (oil sump cover). or where can borrow a sample for a day coz wanna ask my friend to make a stainless steel for me.
If I were you, I'd consider whether the stainless steel cover has any significant effect on weight and crashworthiness.

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 2 2006, 01:45 AM
Mouse,

Are u serious wanna do stainless steel mah? :D terer man u :D
if u can get me the drawing i definately can do it, do for u also bro, but pay for the material cost lar :D

Mouse,

quite an interesting idea actually...but wonder if the weight might be an issue?...cool...we'll work on this sometime soon...maybe can help others from suffering this common problem :D

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Jun 1 2006, 06:46 PM
I am missing the small aluminium square cover which screws onto the large alum piece under the car. Drove pretty hard through one of the turns,and on exiting out, heard this metalic sound under the car. My guess is the mechanic didnt screw it back properly and it blew/fell off.

Anyone got jalan on where to get this small aluminium replacement part?
Mine is missing too but i think its someone (most likely AB because i have never sent my car off for any work done without watching over the mechanic) who forgot to put it back rather than it dropping off somewhere.

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 3 2006, 01:51 AM
Mouse,

quite an interesting idea actually...but wonder if the weight might be an issue?...cool...we'll work on this sometime soon...maybe can help others from suffering this common problem :D
the whole car weight more than 1 tonne, more than half of the car weight is concentrated infront, i dun think adding a piece of stainless steel cover that weight about 5-10kg will have any effect on the car (imagine many of our members is changing their stock rim from 15' to 18') i think we should worry about that more..... muhahahahahaha :D

Originally posted by 3er@Jun 3 2006, 01:17 AM
Mine is missing too but i think its someone (most likely AB because i have never sent my car off for any work done without watching over the mechanic) who forgot to put it back rather than it dropping off somewhere.
I actually heard mine falling off to the road heh. Damm loud as well. Should have stopped on the side to pick up the pieces of my car :p.

I wonder how much it cause to get replaced. Has to have a good function, probably shielding water/dirt and improve air flow.

Top Bottom