E46 -- rattling sound on windows

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leakwoon

Club Guest
it happens so oftenon my front passenger n driver sitebut i tell uduring rainingwalao lerquiet mani have tried permaglass windows rubber duno watn also silicon sprayppl said can use grease n WD40??any expert here care to share?TQ TQ :)

i use silicon spray le.. more lasting compared to WD40. both also tried.. but silicon more lasting lor....

i sprayed on the rubbers... aall aroudn the dooor.. no sound till now even its a damn sunny day.. :)

bro jsen,

u spray the door rubber frame?

not the window rubber frame ar?

aiyoo

i m confused liao

:D

yes, pls let us know which brand u used and where u buy, spray on the door rubber frame or window rubber frame

My mechanic used some Silicon thingy for the window and it's nice and quite. I have to do it at least once a month. Not sure what brand the guy is using but i know it's a silicon product from Japan. It is annoying but somehow used to the damn krek krock eek ook sound.

Try PBR rubber grease (in a colgate-like tube), cost only RM10 at any spare part shop. In my case, very effective, already applied two months ago, still no rattling sound from windows.

BMW sells some gel for application on the rubber linings...check it out...

PBR rubber grease??

interesting

does the oil marking apprear on windows when raining

or after washing car?

TQ :)

U have to grease all the rubber. It took me 5 grease to get rid of the sound when i got my car.

SOme people said silicon base is no good so i'm using silicon free autuglyn. Anyone have any comments on this?

bro daan

grease all the rubber as in where?

door frame or window frame?

appreciate ur advise on wat grease that u used

TQ TQ :)

I'm using autoglyn srubber and vinyl protector. Have to spray on all rubber, underneath also. After you spray, use your finger to massage it in lor.

lol

u mean all the rubber around door frame not windows frame rite??

we like slave for our E46 liao

lol

:D

Yes, there's 2 rubber, one on the door and the other on the car. Think about it, we spent more time upkeeping the car than our house and we cannot even screw in it................... :lol:

The other type of rubber is self lubricated and disposable, no maint.

dude,

soli soli...aiks... tersilap baca ,i tot i read door frame...

but u know wat, same also le.. i prefer silicon spray as its more lasting.. no smell also compared to WD40..

do try on yr window n see. should be okie man.!

Hi, I am trying to understand .... rattling sound from window or wind noise.

I had rattling problems before in both my cars and were sloved by changing the power window regulators. I was told this is a common problem with e46s.

The rubber seals on the door will normally "harden" in our weather and as a result, you will get a bit of wind noise even at low speed. There is a type of lotion (I cannot remember the name..will dig up my old records and will advise) that will help the rubber retain its elasticity.

You know that trimming that runs along the roof of the car?....either chrome or black. This will also cause some minor squeeking from the doors, especially over bumps. I had this problem before and had the trimming changed.

bro,

biasa la.. now raining ma.. conpim no noise wan... hehe

iim using STP silicon spray fyi.. all silicon spray same wan le.. somemore not like we using it for heavy purposes.. :)..

rmb, to spray direct on to the frame. dun worry, it wont drip out wan ..

this is just an alternative way.

happy trying.

Top Bottom