E46 @ Naza

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
I was in KL today, so I decided to drop by Naza showroom at PJ/Federal Highway on my way back to the airport. I noticed that the E46 cars in the "hanger" / warehouse looked new.The leather was uncreased, the body immaculate and sports rims / tyres new. However the sticker on the windscreen stated that the cars were mainly b/w 2002-2004 models. I also noticed the sticker prices to be exhorbitantly high. Eg 220k for 2002 E46 325i. The salesman explained that the premium on the pricing was because it was actually new and unused. For the 2002 model he quoted me RM208k. I found that absurd. Even if the car is actually new and unused a 2002 model should probably only fetch a premium of say RM30k over a used car of say 50-60km. So assuming the used 2002 E46 car fetches RM130k, the allegedly new Naza cars should only be about RM160k? Furthermore it is hard to believe that the 5 year old Naza E46 is actually "new"! Does that mean it has been sitting at the Naza warehouse for 5 years? The salesman wasnt very forthright with infomation. When I asked him were the cars originated he said he didnt know. My friend heard it may be from South Africa. Anybody knows the background of the mystery "new" E46 cars @ Naza. Tq. Just Curious.

I think Naza is trying to capture the niche market. That is why a good amount of their cars are spec'ed unlike most cars on the market. And that niche market might be willing to pay a premium for this. Just a thought.

Personally, if they didn't have to pay the import duty on the cars it probably isn't not big issue to have the cars sit on the lot for so long.

Bro Anxious,

You are right. Those cars were imported new from South Africa. They have been sitting in the warehouse for many years. In fact, at one time the price was around RM 250 - 270 K.

mini_jeff67 said:
For RM230k, i might as well buy the E90! Sheesh!

5 years is a heck a long time to keep a car in a warehouse, even if it were in enviroment controlled warehouse, surely the car components will age and corrode! I'm not sure I would pay that much for a 5 yr old car no matter how well specced

The reason why the e46 are priced so high is because when they brought in the the cars, it was before the AFTA issue and price drop. So if they sell cheaper, they lose money.

StRat said:
Whatever the reason.. my heart's out to the guy who picks up that car..

I agree... would surely not pay that much premium over the market for a 2002 car... its DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!

yeah... agree..

I was previously asking on 2002 325CI SMG (on Feb 2006). They quote me a final price of 320k becoz it was brand new... What a price!!!

Finally i settle for a same 2002 325Ci SMG but UK recond for 220k through a friend with 20k miles on it.

I just save 100k for 20k miles....

Folks

What I heard is slight a different story....not sure if it is true. I heard that these cars are actually newer than advertised. For example, a 2002 car could be a 2004 one. They declared the cars as 2002 to the Customs in order to pay lower import duty.

Rosen

That's my suspicion too as I cant imagine a car sitting around for 5 yrs but the salesman denied it when i asked him whether the cars are actually newer but declared older for tax purposes.

I had lunch with a friend who said Naza will negotiate the price if there is a guniene buyer and has heard of cars tagged for RM980k being sold for RM700k.

But its funny that there is so much secrecy about their cars. i am sure one of the forummers here knows the actual story behind Naza's "new" cars and how the system works. vbmenu_register("postmenu_186894", true);

true them cars are newer than advertised.. and from south africa. i own one from them too. south africa factory is reportedly with great quality and i have hardly encountered any problems with my car other than the usual stuff. they are also spec'ed higher. i compare mine with local stuff and there's no match. even the eagle F1's that come standard are made in germany!
however for the price it may not be worth to buy them now. if you got them 2 years ago then it's a good deal.

Rosenmontag said:
Folks

What I heard is slight a different story....not sure if it is true. I heard that these cars are actually newer than advertised. For example, a 2002 car could be a 2004 one. They declared the cars as 2002 to the Customs in order to pay lower import duty.

not sure about other cars but the one i check is confirmed 2002 car through seatbelt and VIN tag....

Even if it was a newer car... once the document say its 2002, then the value would be of a 2002 model?? so they can't put 2002 on paper and expect to get 2005 prices... again, that's DAYLIGHT ROBERRY! Nothwithstanding the fact that Naza does sell good cars with higher specs, and provide good customer service... but the premium they demand for all that, (well, in my opinion) is way too high!

I think Naza like a lot of other importers, do get stuck with non-moving cars too. That's part of doing business. But because they have a glam image in the market, they can sometimes get people to part with a lot more money than the units are worth. That's the daylight robbery part. We would just laugh at small importers trying to do that, but because it's Naza we don't laugh and we wonder if there is something special behind it.

Can you imagine the depreciation on a RM208K 2002 E46 the moment you drive out of the showroom?? Like drop 80K in the first km man! :D

If it really is a 2002 car then paying RM200k is really out of the question.

What would you be willing to pay for a new 2002 E46 325i?

A good second hand 2002 E46 325i with say 50000km would be worth about RM130k, so what premium would you guys pay for a "new" one.

The asking price seems to be RM208k, surely can go down to RM200k but the question is how low can u go?

Minus the worry of the effects of such long storage on the car would be I for one would certainly be interested in a "new" Naza E46 if the price was right.

Top Bottom