E46 N42 318i Engine Temperature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jskian6003

Club Guest
Bros,My E46 N42 2002 318i bimmer seem to be extra hot compare to my Waja... :) Is it normal to feel the warm heat from the once you open your door?Even sometime I can smell some burning smell...once I open the door. The temp gauge still ok at 1/2 indication.Kind of worrying is it suitable for Malaysia very hot weather.... :blink: Maybe need to remove some compartment to increase good airflow to the engine area.Cheers.... :yahoo:

nothing wrong mate, bmw engine is hotter than japanese make. Even if you off for few hours it is still hot.

but make sure your coolant is refresh at least every 12 months and coolant level is at sufficient level.

:yes: Even my 4 pots also the same hotter than my previous car(waja)..
It's normal according to my mech & at temp gauge at half. Usually open hood when i reach home.

Thanks guys...so kind of burning smell is now, rite?

Reason for asking cos my friend got a Mercedes & all very high temp but get worst when not moving unit one fine day it just overheat. When his mechanic repair the car, he found some components(don't know what are the components) not use (only applicable in cold countrys) and blocking the air ventilation to the engine compartment. After it were remove, no problem with heater up engine, temp ok even if not moving for a long time.

So kind of worrying me...thanks. :huh:

Definitely CBUs are the one possible to have these winter accessories

But, prefer dont mess up with the way the car was built, later more headache

How high is high? 3/4 of Temp ?

Burning smell i only get if i travel to genting or cameron and outside temp is lower than inside Designated Temp.

Best check with some diagnostic tool if you worry.

I have been considering that as well.. I suppose is normal.

Do u find that it takes longer to heat up as well? Suppose is the insulation that keeps the engine warm in cold weather countries....

Correct me if I m wrong.. :D

Something on a lighter note. According to Thermal Efficiency, the hotter your can and the cooler the ambient, the better the thermal efficiency will be, so since your car is hot, good lah, better effieiency. LOL

Top Bottom