E46 DSC Fault

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

3er

Club Guest
The dreaded DSC fault showing up. The car is barely 4 years old, mileage just passed 50k kms only and never tracked. The fault is intermittent but its recorded in the OBD. The 3 warning lights lights up simultaneously (DSC, ABS and Brakes) and there will be a beep from the dash. Oh man, this is gonna cost....Anyone else had this before?
060710E46-Dscalert_web.jpg

i got it, well, i just ignore it.....

leakwoon & redearth changed the seat belt tensioners to solve the problem....if i remember correctly. a few hundred bucks...

Seat belt pretensioners? Hm. Worth taking a look at that first before i change the DSC/ABS module. Oh yes, the GT2 reads it as a DSC/ABS fault.

Are your DSC and ABS working? If my fault lights up (which is every few days), my DSC and ABS dont work. I know cos i can get my tail out easily and get all sideways while the revs climb till traction regains. (Quite fun actually and it reminds me what 50/50 and RWD is all about but i digress). If the DSC is working, the throttle cuts abruptly, brakes get applied and the car steps back in line quite quickly. You gotta love technology.... :p

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

3er,

i had tat too early this year... the dsc lights came out... i was freaked out..

sent to w/shop.. lucky sensor spoilt..!

do check for tat as well.!

cheers.

LazyServer said:
3er, I have the same problem with my DSC, may I know, how you resolve this?

Its not resolved yet. This week my DSC fault didnt light up at all. Its been behaving well. Pushing the car a little i know my ABS and DSC still works (while the fault is not lit). But i wont say the problem is gone. Its maybe waiting for a rainy day to surprise me. Enquiries tell me that a replacement is in the range of RM3-5k. Ouch...

Top Bottom