E46 Center Compartment Sliding Cover Broken

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ivanblur

Club Guest
Hello all bimmers owners, lovers and sifus hereI ve got this problem, the center compartment / console in between the handbrake lever, there is a narrow compartment whereby its used to store keys and coins. Its has a sliding cover made of plastic on my E46 318i and its broken. Does is happen to other E46 as well? Anywhere can I get it replaced? Need some advice here.

I have ordered mine (grey) at Inner Power. Circa RM 230. There is stock (black) in Shedden's place @ Exotic Mods in Sunway Damansara.

badrul880;620295 said:
I have ordered mine (grey) at Inner Power. Circa RM 230. There is stock (black) in Shedden's place @ Exotic Mods in Sunway Damansara.

Hi Bro Badrul
Does it come with the whole set or just the sliding cover alone? How is the installation like? Major bukak punya or just plug and done? Thanks for the quick response bro

badrul880;620311 said:
Its the whole set. Just cabut the old one and replace. No screws no clips..

Relieve to hear that, I really takut major bukak process coz we never know what will kaput later, BTW way could you provide me the add or contact to the Place u ordered ur replacement? Thanks alot bro

Call Tang the towkey at 03 62517677. They are in Jalan Ipoh. Currently no stock. Mine is coming in 2 weeks time.

You want black, go to Sheddens place.

badrul880;620318 said:
Call Tang the towkey at 03 62517677. They are in Jalan Ipoh. Currently no stock. Mine is coming in 2 weeks time.

You want black, go to Sheddens place.

I need black one but kat mane Sheddens Place bro, sorry for bugging you coz I just got my E46 1 month ago still in the dark on the service and accessories place

ivanblur;620321 said:
I need black one but kat mane Sheddens Place bro, sorry for bugging you coz I just got my E46 1 month ago still in the dark on the service and accessories place

Bro Badrul
Thanks for the contact, I ve just called the shop, didnt get to speak to Tang but the other sales person told me that they might ve stock in the other outlet and to order is only bout 3 days. BTW its only RM75 bro....excluding installation

Just double confirm with the shop fella, I think u ordered the whole set, coz he mentioned to me the can just replace the sliding cover, coz I ve just also called up Quill Auto, they also quoted me the whole set RM300 +- without installation

Bro Ivanblur,

I changed mine late last year at Motorsport Division in Sunway (Industrial area after Pyramid, coming from KL towards Subang). The coin compartment and slide only. No need to change the entire center console. They had stock on the shelf. Not good with roadnames in Sunway but its just opposite the Hankook Tire Shop (Big orange building with Hankook Logo). Kene pusing pusing that area :)

BMWDemon;620368 said:
Bro Ivanblur,

I changed mine late last year at Motorsport Division in Sunway (Industrial area after Pyramid, coming from KL towards Subang). The coin compartment and slide only. No need to change the entire center console. They had stock on the shelf. Not good with roadnames in Sunway but its just opposite the Hankook Tire Shop (Big orange building with Hankook Logo). Kene pusing pusing that area :)

Thanks bro for the info. Wow thats very near to my place. BTW how much it cost you bro?

I think around RM200+. Sudah lupa la.....resit is in my car kat Malaysia. Just check with them before purchase bro.

Another problem I had was the peeling of the thin rubber coating on the center console, coin box, slide, ashray cover, etc. It starts to flake and peel. I think Bro Badrul880 is having a similar problem. I thought of changing the entire center console but my friend in AB advised against it. He said its going to be expensive to get a new center console (AB = $$$) and same peeling problem will happen after several years. He advised just sandpaper the center console to removed the rubber coating and resprayed it carbon black colour. Looks like the original and paid peanuts for it :)

Thanks bro BMWdemon for the tips, same goes with my console too, peeling already, sakit mata jugak but biar aje, atleast the sliding cover is done ok for now. BTW I see that ur location in in BKK Thailand, working there ah? I use to frequent BKK too....

Finally bought my compartment at Bavarian Auto at Subang Jaya, cost at RM196 black, installation free coz DIY but have to becareful while plucking out the old compartment coz afraid it might break the plastic interlocking lock. Cheers

Top Bottom