E46: Absorbers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

romeo_v12

Club Guest
Anyone know of any good reliable workshop in Singapore where I can replace my absorbers (Sach/Boge)?I understand its about Sgd400 for 4 pieces without dampers. Thats nearly RM300-400(Total RM1300+) cheaper than local workshops here.Anyone had bad experiences?Much oblighed.Kind Regards,Rakesh

Sachs, Bilsteins and Boge are much cheaper across the Causeway .. a few of us in JB have done exactly that. Buy the parts from SIN and get em fixed over in JB ... save yourself a bundle in the process.

BTW, if you're keen on Bilsteins ... either the HDs or the Sports, PM my bro Roland1888 and he'll set you up with the supplier.

Cheers,

Got quote for Bilstein HD (heavy duty-Black) from singapore. Front S$125 each and rear S$58 each, part only. Dampers S$12 each.

Bilstein Sport-yellow S$200 per piece.

Will probably go for the HD's. Sifu Roland from JB has the sports on and recommends it for fast driving and good handling.

Thank you Roland for your help in obtaining quotes.

Cheers!

Romeo

Ya Bro, go for Bilstein, look for parts no. VE3-B506(left) & VE3-B507(right) front, it have a 40mm stem(shaft) for super road holding.
Cheersss

Hi guys,

How much to get stock shocks for E46 318i 2001 CKD model? Ah Meng from M-Speed has them? Thanks!

M2

mikeymonty said:
Hi guys,

How much to get stock shocks for E46 318i 2001 CKD model? Ah Meng from M-Speed has them? Thanks!

M2
pm NKTOB, he change them in ah meng place 2 month ago, original is sachs but ah meng use boge coz he say some customer complain sachs too soft.

I am paying RM 1840 for 4 pcs of Bilstein B8's (the yellow ones) with full 2 year warranty.

Sachs or Boge? Hmmm ... any advice from any si-fus with experience (Mine = 318 2001 CKD E46) ... thanks!

What is 'original' specced BMW shocks? I like them , but perhaps they may be too expensive?

Cheers! M2

scin said:
I am paying RM 1840 for 4 pcs of Bilstein B8's (the yellow ones) with full 2 year warranty.

could u pls pm me where u bought and got them installed?

is the 2 yr warranty std for bilstein? i asked one shop and they said that there is no warranty.

thanks

I bought it from the Authorized dealer, that's why there is a warranty

Bro,
i'm also looking for standard absorber for E46 6cly.any comment for the price??? :eek:

Top Bottom