e46 328ci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bavaria

Club Guest
Hey all,i m looking at a e46 328ci 2000/01need to be enucleated on it before acquisition.plz do bestow your exhortations and advisements.would behold it.anything about it will do.thanx all.

I supposed a lot has been discussed for the E46 saloon. check those threads first.. mechanically, there's not much difference, if any. Same applies for the suspension.

As for body panel, don't think it shares any at all with the sedan. even the lights are different...

Bavaria,

If you are getting a E46 coupe yr 2000 (there are no 2001 328's, it was 330 then), items you might want to check (besides the usual accident damage and possible stolen car) would be:-
- absorbers
- front suspension arms
- brake discs and pads
- tires (can cost up to 3k for 4 tires if 18's)
- cooling system - look for leaks around the radiator / coolant tank
- electrics (make sure all the switches work - esp the seats and stereo)
- make sure the window goes down 1 cm when opening and closes back up when shut.

These items above may or may not have been changed recently and if worn out, will need to be reflected in the price.

Best of luck!

BAV man

328 Ci.......

Coupes are slightly wider and longer than the sedans. They are also set lower and stiffer, so there are some differences in the suspension components. (not sure which parts differ)

The windows... Beware of metallic springy sounds emitted whilst opening or closing as this denotes pending failure of window lifters, which cost a bomb on the coupe.As BMWCAR pointed out, make sure they come down when you pull on the door release and that they go back up fully when the door is closed.

A word of warning when applying tinting to the windows. The thickness of the tint seems detrimental to the rubber seal ( on my car anyway....) It makes the rubber act like a squeege when the glass is wet, and produces a screeching sound when operated. It could just be that my felt bits are a bit hard. Not to sure about that. Or the increased thickness is pressing it too tightly... who knows?

The coupes do not share any common body panels with the sedan, so that might be an issue when looking for spares. Even the headlamps, tailights and even the boot lid is different. For example, a boot spoiler for the sedan will not fit a coupe properly.

Things like the interior trim bits ( ie brushed, CF or cube) is not the same as it attaches to the door armrest and not the door panel.

The long and short of it all is... IMHO all 3 series look better in 2 door form. It's just that most people want the practicality of the sedan. It's your call at the end of the day.

Also,IF I have my figures right.... the 328's torque (280nm) is very close to the 330's ( 300nm) even though the bhp of the 325 is almost identical to the 328.... the 325's torque (245nm) is significantly lower...

Here are a few reviews to fuel your imagination

http://www.bmwworld.com/reviews/328ci.htm

http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-34...ci_ENA_HTML.htm

Enjoy your search!

NEED ADVICE :

E36 325 auto Fuel Consumtion. ?? l /100km or RM120 for ???KM urban and highway

Thanks

Hey Scin,

Should have met u and BCM forumers, b4 i got my 328ci/2001.....
Thanks for the info. Really enjoyed reading and will check on my vehicle.
Anyway, im plan'g to let go my car - for an M3. What's the market price for e46 model 2001/reg 07/05? Any info will be appreciated.

Top Bottom