e46 328...feel very heavy..need help and solution..thanks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
perryyip73;514773 said:
Hey Mell, im having the same problem as urs. But mine is 2.0 6 cyclinder, feel heavy and no power (high fuel comp). Once u've done settle the problem, do pls let me know. By the way, we can meet up coming 1st of may, cause im planning to go back Ipoh for holiday makan makan :D

There is a 2.2 six cylinder or a 2.0 4 cylinder. There is NOT a 2.0 6 cylinder am I right, sifus?
Peace!:67:

BanyakMasukWang;514802 said:
There is a 2.2 six cylinder or a 2.0 4 cylinder. There is NOT a 2.0 6 cylinder am I right, sifus?
Peace!:67:

There is 2.0 6 cyclinder E46 in the market bring by grey importer. Maybe some "adjustment" on the cc I dunno lar.

jarance;514718 said:
Thanks for the confirmation and info.. bro..

I would have thought a 328i would have a more "advance" engine/technology than the slower 325i. :rock:

328 is for poor guy like me. 325 wt more advance technology is for richer guy like u:smokin:

I prefer the cable throttle as can feel immediate response & save RM on the booster.
The cable is one of the wear & tear I will do when bought used car. Cost bout Rm100 plus but can feel the difference. 325 is not slow lar only that 328 has more torque hehehe:smokin:

no worries perryyip73....i still waiting for the staff to call me ...after everything done i will post it here.....den maybe we can meet up.....but how to contact ?

better to do diagnose 1st...u can narrow down the problem..

for some cases...its not a major one
it may due to....
- leak or broken intake hose,
- dirty throtle body,
- injector nozzle stuck.

if gearbox problem...normally it will prompt error sign

after diagnose ..no result or problem show.....aiyooooo...still heavy and headache.......wat to do.......

mell ipoh;520508 said:
after diagnose ..no result or problem show.....aiyooooo...still heavy and headache.......wat to do.......

Make sure yr mech use proper diagnostic tools & software:smokin:

Is it possible that the Vanos if acting up after the oil change ? The seal should be in pretty bad shape if it has not been changed since new. No harm changing the seal, if it is not the problem should at least improve the performance. You must have M52TU engine which is double vanos I think!

hi thanks for every pros and bros....after all the equitment already tested and change since months to months and headache all the time asking people y.y.y.y.and y my 328 damn heavy and act like a buffalo...finally.....conclusion is out just by today.......my middle muffler already stuck and the tank beside pipe (i dont know wat is call)already break.....wheeeewwww....finnaly its fix..and everything is back to normal...my RPM..usually will onli change gear after 2.5X 1000.. but now just reach 2 x 1000 already change gear....nice now and the best thing is ..the vacum gauge between the speed meter and RPM finally will drop when i press the oil...hahahaha....i recon will be safe from oil ...hope so...THANKS TO ALL THE FORUMER......BEST WISHES...GOOD LUCK

=LAST BUT NO LEAST...THE FIXING ONLI CHEAP ..cause bout rm600 ...pipping from middle to back ..two muffle and all 2.5 inch pipping....

Hey mell, can u take the muffler photo and post it on, i wanna see clearly which u was saying. Cause i have the same problem as u and still havent solve. Even mine is 6 cyclinder 2.0, im having the same sickness as urs, above 2500rpm only change gear, fell heavy and high fuel comsumption. Thanks.

Mell, there are 2 catalic converter then connected to mid muffler and rear muffler. Wat u mean is u have taken out the 2 cat and welded with direct piping and repair ur mid muffler ? i need to confirm it, cause my car is not solver yet, still having the same problem as u.

please give me ur handphone number, or u can call me, need to ask u regarding the problem u haev solved. 016-6666160

bro . mine 328 46 faced same problem as well. than i went for diagnose. result is the air flow sensor and camshaft exhaust sensor were kaput.
fuel consumption too high and lack of power are the syndrom for this prob. get it change lah. both sensor just cost u around 800rm

bro mell ipoh,

go for diagnose.
camshaft exhaust sensor is important for top end speed. otherwise you are forcing the engine to work continuously in order to achieve the speed you want.
so minyak kuat lah. cost for this sensor rm 350 i bought the other day.

AMF check this one as well.

cidos;589933 said:
bro mell ipoh,

go for diagnose.
camshaft exhaust sensor is important for top end speed. otherwise you are forcing the engine to work continuously in order to achieve the speed you want.
so minyak kuat lah. cost for this sensor rm 350 i bought the other day.

AMF check this one as well.

bro, pls read post #31. Mell already confirm his problem is due to "Stuck Middle Muffler".

mell ipoh;524076 said:
hi thanks for every pros and bros....after all the equitment already tested and change since months to months and headache all the time asking people y.y.y.y.and y my 328 damn heavy and act like a buffalo...finally.....conclusion is out just by today.......my middle muffler already stuck and the tank beside pipe (i dont know wat is call)already break.....wheeeewwww....finnaly its fix..and everything is back to normal...my RPM..usually will onli change gear after 2.5X 1000.. but now just reach 2 x 1000 already change gear....nice now and the best thing is ..the vacum gauge between the speed meter and RPM finally will drop when i press the oil...hahahaha....i recon will be safe from oil ...hope so...THANKS TO ALL THE FORUMER......BEST WISHES...GOOD LUCK

=LAST BUT NO LEAST...THE FIXING ONLI CHEAP ..cause bout rm600 ...pipping from middle to back ..two muffle and all 2.5 inch pipping....

which item of the picture below is broken?

Rear silencer with exhaust flap - BMW parts catalog

or

Catalytic converter/front silencer - BMW parts catalog

Bump for the answer..

I think that I might having the same problem thou....

Hi Fireuz, i kinda like your equation of the day....you are damn right..hahaha

Top Bottom