e46 328...feel very heavy..need help and solution..thanks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mell ipoh

Club Guest
dear all friends,i own a e46 328...but two months ago my car feel heavy and makan minyak after i change my oil ...i think after changing oil should be more smooth....rm70 after tested for two months.just can go 220km...really need help ...no idea wat should do on my next step...????thank u very much ....

mell ipoh;513731 said:
dear all friends,
i own a e46 328...but two months ago my car feel heavy and makan minyak after i change my oil ...i think after changing oil should be more smooth....rm70 after tested for two months.just can go 220km...really need help ...no idea wat should do on my next step...????thank u very much ....

why don't you send it for diagnostic first. you may find out exactly what's wrong with your car or at least narrow down the problem.
heavy feeling and high fuel consumption can be caused by too many things.

elixir;513749 said:
why don't you send it for diagnostic first. you may find out exactly what's wrong with your car or at least narrow down the problem.
heavy feeling and high fuel consumption can be caused by too many things.

Yup diagnostic the best thing. 328 is very torquey. I suspected camshaft sensor problem.

okok...alright pro.......thanks for the advise.....so the first thing need to do is to check the engine?diagnose means?is it plug in the machine to find the solution..?
ya initial M...i hope the same too on my328...but very dissapointed now....
hope this diagnose can burn all my problems....

mine got same problm too before..but after self check..found that my ATF fluid are not enough...very liltle..toup it...evrythng going to normal..very smooth...some more can try clean your AFM/MAF...myb can improve...

initialM;513751 said:
Yup diagnostic the best thing. 328 is very torquey. I suspected camshaft sensor problem.

boss if camshaft sensor kaput means, can't start the car right? That could be one of the symptom of a failed cam sens.

bimmerholic;514181 said:
boss if camshaft sensor kaput means, can't start the car right? That could be one of the symptom of a failed cam sens.

Camshaft & crankshaft sensor are 2 different things. Double vanos got 2 of each:wink:

initialM;514189 said:
Camshaft & crankshaft sensor are 2 different things. Double vanos got 2 of each:wink:

opps sorry...thanks for highlighting it....cheers. :D

initialM;514189 said:

why does the BMW engine need these two sensor? It the knock sensors also one of them?
:smokin:

thanks ijoe_kl......will have a check on tuesday cause after changing rims...arm boost already moving....need to change to sport one....hiasssssssssss....damn it.....

also change your accelerator cable....makes a lot of difference and the car feels 'lighter'

jarance;514234 said:
why does the BMW engine need these two sensor? It the knock sensors also one of them?
:smokin:

Aiyah unker I'm not BMW engineer lar. I know coz I already changed both them.
Damn expensive for a tiny thing. How I wish BMW engine got less electronics sensors:smokin::burnout:

wah ...after so many parts and solution i get...den i think will have a very very big financial crisis coming on me bro.........any other that not cost so much and worth of changing...?

mell ipoh;514651 said:
wah ...after so many parts and solution i get...den i think will have a very very big financial crisis coming on me bro.........any other that not cost so much and worth of changing...?

Nope coz Banyak Makan Wang:smokin:
Have you done the diagnostic?

BMW9700;514265 said:
also change your accelerator cable....makes a lot of difference and the car feels 'lighter'

E46 got throttle cable? I thought it drive by wire. :smokin:

jarance;514707 said:
E46 got throttle cable? I thought it drive by wire. :smokin:

Sifu Jarance,

drive by wire is for E46 wt M54 engine like yr 325. For 328 its a M52B28TU using cable throttle.:smokin:

initialM;514713 said:
Sifu Jarance,

drive by wire is for E46 wt M54 engine like yr 325. For 328 its a M52B28TU using cable throttle.:smokin:

Thanks for the confirmation and info.. bro..

I would have thought a 328i would have a more "advance" engine/technology than the slower 325i. :rock:

today is public holiday at Ipoh due to SULTAN BIRTHDAY.....think will check tomolo.....thanks....so first step got to do the diagnose first ..den will know wat to do later right?....

Hey Mell, im having the same problem as urs. But mine is 2.0 6 cyclinder, feel heavy and no power (high fuel comp). Once u've done settle the problem, do pls let me know. By the way, we can meet up coming 1st of may, cause im planning to go back Ipoh for holiday makan makan :D

Top Bottom