E46 325Ci SMG Gearbox

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Phantom_Scarab

Club Guest
Dear Sifus,Appreciate your feedback as my fren need an advise, he owns a E46 325Ci SMG and the SMG gbox need to go.What is the best advice for him, the most cost effective solutions highly appreciated?1) To change to manual 2) To rebuild the SMG3) To change to normal auto gearboxRegardsAndy

An SMG guy that i know changed to manual just recently..... lesser headache i think....

If your friend planning to do a rebuilt i have some smg part to let go. Pm me if you need, i have whole set of smg on ground now.

- - - Updated - - -

If your friend planning to do a rebuilt i have some smg part to let go. Pm me if you need, i have whole set of smg on ground now.

clavenk;848472 said:

OK will ask him

- - - Updated - - -

clavenk;848472 said:

OK will ask him

Phantom_Scarab;848461 said:
Dear Sifus,

Appreciate your feedback as my fren need an advise, he owns a E46 325Ci SMG and the SMG gbox need to go.

What is the best advice for him, the most cost effective solutions highly appreciated?

1) To change to manual
2) To rebuild the SMG
3) To change to normal auto gearbox

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy, between the swap, auto or manual, the easiest would be a manual conversion since you would only need the gearbox, pedals and clutch switch. All other else is compatible from your driveshaft to your clucth and flywheel upto your gearbox mounting.

To source a 5 speed gearbox you may contact our vendor M.Directspares for a quotation ... As for workshops there are a couple of place I can recommend locally and one in penang.

If you want more information I would be more than happy to share with you and your friend ... Drop by to our regular Friday TT at MMZ bukit jelutong. There I can tell you more and what other options you have.

Link: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?51832-Klang-amp-Shah-Alam-Meet-Ups

- - - Updated - - -

Phantom_Scarab;848461 said:
Dear Sifus,

Appreciate your feedback as my fren need an advise, he owns a E46 325Ci SMG and the SMG gbox need to go.

What is the best advice for him, the most cost effective solutions highly appreciated?

1) To change to manual
2) To rebuild the SMG
3) To change to normal auto gearbox

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy, between the swap, auto or manual, the easiest would be a manual conversion since you would only need the gearbox, pedals and clutch switch. All other else is compatible from your driveshaft to your clucth and flywheel upto your gearbox mounting.

To source a 5 speed gearbox you may contact our vendor M.Directspares for a quotation ... As for workshops there are a couple of place I can recommend locally and one in penang.

If you want more information I would be more than happy to share with you and your friend ... Drop by to our regular Friday TT at MMZ bukit jelutong. There I can tell you more and what other options you have.

Link: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?51832-Klang-amp-Shah-Alam-Meet-Ups

Thks bro, thumbs up for a very fast reply....appreciate it a lot man....will inform him forthe TT if he's avbl.

Top Bottom