E46 320i 2.2 Auto' engine oil n atf

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

landugong9990

Hi n good day to everyone at bmwclubmalaysia.
I just bought a 2002 e46 320i 2.2. The car is one day old with me. Was trying to find some infos on what type of engine oil to be used and how many liters does the m54b22 engine needs. Also trying to find some infos on what type of the atf to be used and how many liters does the gearbox need.
Hopefully you guys are willing to share here your favourite engine oil and atf brands/types/viscocity as i m planning to change them as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Assuming you are from KL area, suggest to go to Bavaria Auto to purchase most of the replacement parts, they have the widest product range with the most reasonable prices offer.

landugong9990 said:
Short n sweet answer...hehehe...thanks bro. How about spark plugs? How often do we have to change?
Every 100k km for spark plug replacement. Apart from spark plug, you also need to replace the ignition coils too.

kw930 said:
Assuming you are from KL area, suggest to go to Bavaria Auto to purchase most of the replacement parts, they have the widest product range with the most reasonable prices offer.
Yup i am from klang bro,telok panglima garang to be exact. Works at TPM.
Just called bavarian auto parts subang jaya for the atf per bottle. Also called stuttgard kelana jaya since my dad buys parts for his w210 there. Bavarian auto parts i cheaper.

Herbert said:
Every 100k km for spark plug replacement. Apart from spark plug, you also need to replace the ignition coils too.
Thanks bro for the info. On the ignition coils,is it good to buy from kedai potong as they are original or buy new at bavarian?

Thank you

landugong9990 said:
Thanks bro for the info. On the ignition coils,is it good to buy from kedai potong as they are original or buy new at bavarian?

Thank you
Don't buy used ignition coils from chop shop. Usually when one of the ignition coils is bad, the other remaining will go bad too, just a matter of time. Usually i would replaced all the ignition coils (6 all together) and for M54 engine, the price is RM 75.00 each from Bavarian auto.

Herbert said:
Don't buy used ignition coils from chop shop. Usually when one of the ignition coils is bad, the other remaining will go bad too, just a matter of time. Usually i would replaced all the ignition coils (6 all together) and for M54 engine, the price is RM 75.00 each from Bavarian auto.
Ohhh....ok bro. So your recommendation is to change the coils together with the plugs as well?

landugong9990 said:
Ohhh....ok bro. So your recommendation is to change the coils together with the plugs as well?
You just need to replace the plugs. No need not replace the coils unless it's bad.

Top Bottom