E46 318 Yr2000

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leonard

Club Guest
Dear all sifus here,The rpm drops quite significantly i.e about 200-300 rpm whenever the aircon kicks in and it moves up back again swiftly. This results a jerk but not to the extent of vibration whenever the aircon kicks in. Is this normal with pre-face lift ? If not, what could be wrong ?? Thanks in advance!

Wish to rephrase the problem, the earlier description did not fully reflect the problem!

It should be when the aircon kicks in, the rpm drops and never go up to the rpm level before. In other words,

aircon off - rpm is around say 1000 rpm
aircon on - rpm drops to say 800 rpm and stays there

Hope you all get what I mean !!

had this once, sent it back to AB, costs me about 600bucks.
they said replaced all the related hoses or something...

after that ok already....

maybe you can send it to your regular workshop to adjust the timing?

Sound normal for most car coz the compressor kick in when aircon on. This is more noticable when the compressor gets older.
Six cyl/pot will not have this pro or coz the engine is bigger.

Does RPM drops, vibrate and jerk alittle a normal phenomena if we do a few acce and braking during snail traffics? I start to get worried whenever I am am stuck in a jam. All sifu pls advise.... :( My ride = 318i E46 2001

i hope u didnt pay anyone to "fix" it.....

its normal dude...........

RPM will normally drop when the air-cond is turn on......

cheers,

Originally posted by wifi@Feb 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Does RPM drops, vibrate and jerk alittle a normal phenomena if we do a few acce and braking during snail traffics? I start to get worried whenever I am am stuck in a jam. All sifu pls advise.... :( My ride = 318i E46 2001

this is not normal....check your plasma coils and cams sensors.....

how much does this happen.....everytime, sometime or only once.....

Top Bottom