e46 2.0 Alternator Noise : Change or repair ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tanni

Club Guest
Hello fellow members...Need your advice on a dilemma im in.Went for routine servicing at m speed usj, ah meng mentioned that my alternator is a bit rough sounding.His advice, change the alternator...cost...around 2k.He also told me can change the bearings only but will affect the electronics.I dun quite understand what that means...so what would be your advice?Any suggestion will be much appreciated.Regards

same problem with my car... just change it today... rm880. from half cut.

any warranty on the parts? where did you get them bro? shop location?

Ask Ah Meng for recon option, much cheaper. But also ask him the risks of recond. If you think worth the risk, then proceed. For me, I never play with major engine parts. I have experienced a faulty alternator before. Car electronics started failing: cruise control went first then iDrive air-cond.... final fault was "transmission failure - stop car immediately". Went to side of highway and car could not restart after that. Had to tow it to workshop. Was also offered recond option. Went for new.

Thanks for the feedback bro...will replace new one. Dont wanna take any risk. Hehe...

go second hand lar... more cheaper than recond. second hand sure ori one, but recond always problem. my car 5 days at workshop because recond alternator. 1st time can tahan 5 days, then workshop replace another one recond alternator (6 month warranty for recond item). only can tahan 1 day. fed up with barang recond, i ask for second hand alternator. so far so good rm 880 my car like new. :)

note:
recond mean re-condition from spoil/damage alternator. done by our local pomen.
second hand mean ori but sudah pakai lor....

pm me for workshop detail

Top Bottom