e39 single vanos repair tool purchase

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
after reading thru all the good reviews about the vanos seals change where there is increased low end torque and the smoothening out of the idle and also smoother gear changes,I am all psyched up to have a go at this....DIY.Actually now that I have read thru this,I realised that the power band on my m52b28 only comes in at 3500rpm.below that the low end torque is hopeless....and i drive a 2.8!other than useless lo end torque,I don't have any other issues with the engine. after reading thru the process,the single vanos seal change looks more involved compared to the double vanos,but I am confident this can be done diy. as such to all the m52 guys (single vanos) who is keen to have a go at this..... DIY style....we need to purchase the tool from el paso for usd 110.00 per kit.i propose we share buying this kit and share the usage.....kira time sharing la ni......anyone.........? errr.....osso the vanos seals kena group buy la......save on the freight charges maaa...

question... vanos seals seal for m54 engine the same? if yes, may be interested to group buy seals...

aiyaaa.....no response from the adventerous to explore the unknown aaaa..............

bro mike.....attached is the m52 single and m54 double vanos repair kit.....

I think cuz most of them who got their seals thru the group buy already replaced theirs. Unless for those who missed out on the previous group buys, they may want to get hold one of these.

Miss the bandwagon. But can elaborate a bit on the advantges/disadvantages of doing this. I might be interested to join

If there is any group buy again, i will to purchase the seal, want to redo the seal change, since too many good comments i heard but not happen to my car even i just replace the seal last week!

got the beisan seals from herbert...........thanks herbert......
i will most likely proceed to buy the tool kit and diy in december during the school holidays......yahoooooo

bmw7833;581138 said:
If there is any group buy again, i will to purchase the seal, want to redo the seal change, since too many good comments i heard but not happen to my car even i just replace the seal last week!

redo DIY or redo take it back to the mech? Do you think your mech would have forgotten a step or 2 while replacing your seals?

bimmerholic;581274 said:
redo DIY or redo take it back to the mech? Do you think your mech would have forgotten a step or 2 while replacing your seals?

To change again the seal.

Bro, i really not sure as i was not there when he was doing the replacement.

Top Bottom