E39 Rain sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hamilton

Club Guest
Dear all,

Good morning to all.

My ride is a 1998 UK specs single vanos 528.

The car came with rain sensor but the dial meter is a 523 unit (which came with the car when I bought it used).

The sensor and auto wipers were operating fine for the first few years until 2 years ago. Since the dial meter is not the original, therefore, it wasn't coded with the function (I don't know why the sensor was still working after the previous owner change the unit). My mechanic tried to code it/activate that function for a few times but going nowhere.

Anyone has any ideas as to how I can get my rain sensor to work again ?

Cheers.

Have you tried to change the sensor? Can try to come to Vixx Customs in Batu Caves, I can code your instrument cluster to your car properly and we have a spare rain sensor for you to try on.

haywire said:
Have you tried to change the sensor? Can try to come to Vixx Customs in Batu Caves, I can code your instrument cluster to your car properly and we have a spare rain sensor for you to try on.
Hi,

I did change the sensor.

Pls PM me your address and estimated charge.

Thks.

I would love to but unfortunately I have a resident association meeting to attend. Important issue to discuss, can not miss it.

We normally would still be there at 3 or 4am, but not sure as this is a new location.

Top Bottom