E39 Original Wheel Bearing VS FAG

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

haywire

Official Member
Hello guys, I'm buying my last piece of parts from the UK before I'm coming back, so now looking at wheel bearing which the mechanic advised me to replace when I did my Inspection II a while ago.I'm buying a set of original BMW discs, pads and sensors for £300, complete set for front and back. (So would be RM1500, instead of RM2000 from the Parts and Maintenance thread)So before I order that I thought I'll just order the original front bearing for both side from the dealer in the hope that I could get some more discount off. Not sure what the exact price is yet, but by looking at UK BMW forums they are saying it'll cost close to £200 both side.Should I order that or just change to FAG bearings in Malaysia, which from the Parts and Maintenance thread is costing about RM300 a side?So I'm looking at original BMW bearings bought in the UK for RM1000 or slightly less, versus FAG bearings in Malaysia at RM600.Which one? :29:Note: I havent called the dealer to check actual price for the bearings yet, but would like to know your thoughts on these.

Hmm...another thought... the original BMW brake set is £300, but Pagid ones are about £236 for the whole set. I know its not much and I'll probably just go for the original ones, but anyone had any views on the pagid ones?

Also I'm looking at possibly Brembo discs, nothing fancy just the normal ones, should I go for these or the ori BMW ones?

I know that the original BMW pads are Jurid for the front and Textar for the rear. Not sure about the discs.

FAG wheel bearing is cheap but doesn't last. Try to get some performance ones since u are already in UK.

My thoughts on the brakes. Our M54 braking system is good enough as it has a double servo master pump (inside engine compartment, underneath the right side aircon filter box). Don't think you need Brembo disc. As for the brake pads, go for the original (with BMW logo) as the feel is different as compared to OEM pads which tend to be hard and wear off the disc rotor much faster.

Ok I'll be buying the original BMW disc pads and sensors. The wheel bearing would probably have to wait since I cant find any good one here. FAG brand is recommend by many forummers in the UK as they say its the brand that BMW actually uses as their bearing. Seems cheaper in Malaysia.

The £200 for the original BMW bearing was for 1 side only, over £400 a pair so I'll be looking for the FAG bearings in Malaysia I guess for RM300 a side.

Top Bottom