E39 Front Muffler

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
I'm facing a minor issue with the front muffler, seems that something inside the muffler broke off and its rattling around inside the unit. I can only hear it when I'm closing my doors and i suspect that its also the cause of the exhaust sounding slightly louder than normal. anyone encounter this problem before?I'm also wondering if which option i should chose;1. Get a new unit to replace it2. Get a recon unit3. Put in a straight pipeWhich do you think i should do?

your cat 'koyak' already..borken up in pieces.. dun worry not your fault.. cos old already..

bimmer73 is right.. a used one if on budget.. the new ones are 5k plus.. the oem is around 2.6k in sunway.. but the oem sucks.. too much back pressure..

I had exhaust rattling issue and found the bracket broken, location of bracket is just underneath the engine, removed and already weld back/rejoin the bracket, it's stainless steel material, not sure how the bracket can break.just need to install it back during my next service.

Anyone know where can find good exhaust full-system and at what cost? Titanium material is nice...

jaleeks23;521416 said:
I had exhaust rattling issue and found the bracket broken, location of bracket is just underneath the engine, removed and already weld back/rejoin the bracket, it's stainless steel material, not sure how the bracket can break.just need to install it back during my next service.

Anyone know where can find good exhaust full-system and at what cost? Titanium material is nice...

super sprint

If your cat is spoil then i have a used one for sale . Taken out from my e39 523 . Item in good condition .

noise isnt coming from the cat, according to my mech its the front muffler. need to find sometime to do some shopping..

Top Bottom