E39 Door Noise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gshanmg

Club Guest
Not too sue if this subject has been discussed before but I realized that my car passenger door has got some noise (2 x only) when opening wide and when closing. Is this because of the lack of lubricant/grease??? By adding grease can it go away? Is there any specific kind of stuff to apply?Appreciate your advices.Thanks.

What type of noise? Squeaking noises? Try spraying some WD40 on the hinges, maybe it will work?

roland1888;201484 said:
What type of noise? Squeaking noises? Try spraying some WD40 on the hinges, maybe it will work?

dude

WD40 sound like a good idea.

Guys,

The other thing that I realize is the squeaking sound from the back body of the car every time I go on uneven road with pot holes. My mech said it is hard to get rid of this sort of noise as we are not too sure where to locate it. Last week i realize that part of the sound is coming from the boot on the surface layer above the spare tyre. As I pressed on it the squeaking sound was there.

I don't hear this sound when driving on highway.

It's just so iritating as I really enjoy driving with no music and low air con blow (not all the time) when driving alone as I like the engine revving sound.
But I do understand that am driving an 11 year old E39 (1996 make) yet would like to get rid of this.

Is there any mech shop which will look into this and try to reduce it if not eliminate all together?

Appreciate your advices.

Are you talking about the board that covers the spare tire? If it is then drive to a reputable audio shop and get them to replace that board. They should have experience in custom made board. Should solve your problem, I think. Other than that, you can try some sound-proofing materials to try and soften the sound.
Most important of all, make sure that place is the culprit for that irritating squeaking sound. Hope this helps...

roland1888;201484 said:

bro,
From my personal experience, if WD40 does not work, then try taking a closer look at the door hinges..........maybe need tightening or re-aligment.

Jerman,

I have checked the hinges, they look good but haven;t got time to run out to buy the WD40...been just too busy with my work...need to do it this weekend.

Thanks bro.

roland1888;201955 said:
Are you talking about the board that covers the spare tire? If it is then drive to a reputable audio shop and get them to replace that board. They should have experience in custom made board. Should solve your problem, I think. Other than that, you can try some sound-proofing materials to try and soften the sound.
Most important of all, make sure that place is the culprit for that irritating squeaking sound. Hope this helps...
Roland1888 & eveyone else,

I just checked out the sound proof material from one of the audio shop I bumped into last weekend in Shah Alam.

The mech said to sound proof the whole car - hood, boot & the doors it will cost around RM800 including labor charge - half day work. Is this price OK or this guy looks at me like a water fish???

Sound proofing materials

gshanmg;202529 said:
Roland1888 & eveyone else,

I just checked out the sound proof material from one of the audio shop I bumped into last weekend in Shah Alam.

The mech said to sound proof the whole car - hood, boot & the doors it will cost around RM800 including labor charge - half day work. Is this price OK or this guy looks at me like a water fish???

RM 800 appeared to be good buy! What materials? Proven?:confused:

Agree with Jerman that the price is reasonable, albeit a bit cheap. Ask them what brand of soundproof materials they are using? From there, can have a better judge of the price.

Jerman;202531 said:
RM 800 appeared to be good buy! What materials? Proven?:confused:
Jerman,

Didn;t really check the material mate but what do you think I should go for???

Anything specific??

Roland1888/Jerman,

Am still checking the material...stuck with work and home reno ongoing...will post the details by end of this week...

Top Bottom