E39 520i 2003 in Jakarta

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bxxxxaj

Club Guest
BMW salute to allI am a Malaysian man but working and living in Jakarta.Just bought an E39 520i 2003 in Jakarta but not new to UDM.My first car was an E21 many years ago, bought when I was 24....with own sweat and tears and of course oceans of seawater!!I wish to resume the experience, the thrill (and anxieties) of owning and driving an UDM, share the joy (and sorrow) of other like minded people, to share with and learn from the group's knowledge and experience.Help me GOD.

welcome mate... how is the driving experience in jakarta?

Hi All,

thanks for the warm welcome. I'll try to be as useful to the group as possible.
Many of the forumers may hv visited Jakarta and I can only agree with them that Jakarta is not a city for drivers. Traffic is horrible, frustrating and what you experience 4 times in a year (balik kampung rush in PLUS for hariraya, CNY, Devali and Xmas is what I have to go through the crawl on a daily basis (twice a day). Planning to have 2 business meetings in a day is a little ambitious. Quite fortunately my company car comes with a chauffeur, but my UDM is for me to drive and enjoy during weekends.

Welcome, welcome..

very cheap in indonesia.. usually what's the market price in Jakarta ? should be about 190mil IDR for a 2002 model.. that's about MYR67,000.00..

any pictures of your ride ?

cheers..

pussy;530253 said:
Welcome, welcome..

very cheap in indonesia.. usually what's the market price in Jakarta ? should be about 190mil IDR for a 2002 model.. that's about MYR67,000.00..

any pictures of your ride ?

cheers..
The UDM in indonesia are either silver or black where black being a more popular choice. Malaysians are more colourful and adventurous. That being said, my ride is also black, stock standard E39 520i M54 Apr2003. All UDMs here are either CBU or CKD. I dont think they allow 2nd hand imports or re-cond cars (Seniors in Jakarta may correct this).

Cars are either paid in cash or a very short installment and interest rates are high. I paid mine cash 2 weeks ago for around RM60k. Car prices are cheaper than Malaysia but I think spare parts and petrol are about 25 to 30% more expensive. Cheap Indonesian labour is a MYTH!

bxxxxaj;530305 said:
Hello bro. I see that you hv Kemang Raya as yr location. Are you in Jakarta too?

yes bro... same like u oso.. i'm malaysian from ampang but now stay at Jakarta, almost 10 yrs been here, btw... kabare pak.... salam silaturrahmi dari saya :smokin:

RTFM6000;530431 said:
yes bro... same like u oso.. i'm malaysian from ampang but now stay at Jakarta, almost 10 yrs been here, btw... kabare pak.... salam silaturrahmi dari saya :smokin:
Having been in Jakarta 3 times longer than I have, perhaps you can share the recommended non-bengkel resmi in Jakarta with location/service advisor/contact no? I sent mine to BMW Cilandak last week only to know the car's history plus an oil change. They charge IDR20k per litre of oil and same for per item checked.

Top Bottom